CHAPTER TEN

Pic of Omar on the side if u want to see———————————>

vote read comment

***

"Up so late?" I almost dropped the carton of milk I had in my hand.

Wrapping my hair with the scarf that hung  from my shoulders I turned around to see a very tired looking Omar with a glass of orange juice in his hand. He walked and sat on the chair of the two seat breakfast table.

"As salamun alaikum,I didn't know you were home."

"Returned an hour back."

"I'm making hot chocolate want some? It helps with sleeping."

I could feel his gaze following me and it made me very uncomfortable. Placing a cup in front of him and taking one for myself I seated myself opposite him.

"I apologize for leaving without informing you, especially when you just arrived to this place."

"I enjoyed the silence," His face fell and the light in his eyes vanished because of "Except for a certain someone's nagging," I added and his lips lifted into a faint smile. 

We sipped our beverages in silence for a couple of minutes. Each in their own thoughts.

"You don't have to wear it around me you know," He said looking at the cup in his hand. I looked up at him confused.

"The shayla (hijab). You don't need to wear it at home since I am your husband...."

"Islamically I am anyway"  He added.

I nodded at him, "The day I feel comfortable around you, the day I accept you, I will."

"High chances eh?" He said and started to laugh a high pitched laugh.

This side of Omar made me uneasy.

"You are not even trying and you expect to magically fall in love with me or me with you?" He said putting his cup down with a thud.

"The least you can do is be nice to me instead of being rude all the time." He pushed his chair roughly and walked away.

I sat there looking at his retreating figure. He could be scary if he wanted to.

          ***********************

My hijab was wrapped loosely around my head while I looked out at the sea. The wind blew gently on my face making me relax for a while. I hadn't spoken to my parents for a week and I terribly missed them. I had never been away from home before except for a day or two.

I hadn't seen Omar since last night. It seemed like he was avoiding me and somewhere it hurt knowing it was my fault.

I grabbed a hand full of sand and watched as it slipped by.... Just like time.

I didn't hate Omar, I was long over the forced marriage, but that didn't mean I liked him either. My feelings were mutual, no love or hate, but at least it is better than hating him.

I looked at the waves crashing the shore. Our feeling were like the waves. They crashed into each other, they overlapped each other, yet lived in perfect harmony. My feeling for Omar were like that. I didn't feel anything for him... No hatred or love. I was at peace with him just like the waves. We were opposites, even our nationality differed. I didn't make any effort to know more about him. He tried but I didn't give him any chance.

I don't want anything from him yet I felt comforted by his presence. I didn't know him nor did I want to know him, yet it felt like I've known him for a long time.

Life was not fair to me. Maybe if I had met Omar in a different circumstance I would have liked him. I just didn't like the idea of being forced. It hurt me. Making me feel like an article. I can't hold onto that reason all my life, I know, but it isn't easy. Every time I looked at him I was reminded that I was forced to be with him and this reminder didn't settle well with me.

I looked right and I could see the dock. Several motor boats were herded and so was a private cruise. I could make out figures of three people from this distance. Omar in a white thobe followed by two men in black suits and guns.

Omar got into a motorboat alone followed by his bodyguards in another motorboat. He rode the boat himself. It didn't surprise me anymore. His love for sports, for transport, was evident. He trusted himself more than drivers.

I looked at the cruise. I wasn't surprised by his wealth or luxuries anymore. This guy could have anything he wanted in this world.The biggest example would be me. When he could anything he liked, an article would be a nothing for him.

I started walking towards the left. For hours I kept walking deep in thought. The sky had started to turn dark. I looked up to see the canopy of trees, I looked all around me and it looked like I was in a forest. I tried to retrace my steps but I couldn't find them without light. I tried to find open space in the distance but there was none. I was hopelessly lost and Omar didn't even know about it.

What am I going to do now?!

          ************************

        Edited by h00dies