Chapter 33

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Peyton's POV

Mandy's mate charged at me.

At the same time Soren took a dive at him but instead of attacking he used his body as a wall between me and Mandy's mate.

"Edwin"

"Daddy"

Mandy and her girls cried out.

Edwin only sought after my blood. His wolf targeted me as a danger to his family and his human-side wasn't in the mood to review reason.

A whimper came out of me when Edwin's claws punctured Soren's shoulders. My body felt like charging in on the man who was trying to hurt my mate. I thought Soren brave and chivalrous-but stupid, for using himself to protect me from a rage-corrupted weaker man.

He really does have alpha in him, no matter how he doubts himself.

Pride swelled within me like I hadn't felt before; as a child witnessing my dad take responsibilities in our pack, Soren stepping up right now making me respect my new dominant male leader.

I'm in Soren's pack now, I need to remind myself.

"Back. Down." Soren commanded in short increments. His voice laced with pure authority it sent pleasurable shivers down my spine.

Oh my gosh, is this what it feels like to be turned on?

My cheeks warmed in embarrassment. Like I said before--love should come with instruction manuals. For a girl raised and surrounded by females, I'm clueless about these things.

"Please don't hurt him" Mandy pleaded as tears rolled down her checks, each second she stepped closer to her husband, who could only continue to glare at my direction.

"Daddy, we are okay. Promise" Little Debbie wept, showing off her missing teeth. She was held back by Martha who waited for Soren to attack her father.

"Yeah d-dad." I sensed the doubt in Martha's tone.

I felt bad for her; it must be hard, just recently knowing the man who raised you practically all your life, wasn't your real father.

Then reason washed over Edwin's face. "I'm--

"It's alright; I would have done the same think if my mate was crying in the hands of a stranger." Soren patted his arm, grinning.

Edwin shook his head in shock and drew back his claws from Soren's shoulder in alarm. His eyes returned to normal.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry" He said in a bare whisper and coward to the floor to grasp both ends of his head in what looked like shame.

"It's okay" Soren said quickly kneeling in front of him.

I rushed to his side looking at Edwin slumped on the floor with Mandy and their girls at their side. "I'm sorry you had to walk into this scene, I know what you did just now was your wolf protecting your family. We won't disregard you for something as courageous as that"

Edwin looked up, his face white as a sheet. "I disrespected a future Alpha and his mate!" He expected a punishment which we weren't going to give.

Mandy whimpered and looked at both Soren and I with plead. "Please don't punish him."

It didn't take a second more for Soren to answer right away, "Who said I was going to punish anyone? Have you ever known me for punishing people, Mandy?" He laughed as if taking to close friends. "Shesh, just because I'm my old Man's son doesn't mean I have to take up his role yet." He rolled his eyes. "I'm not that cold hearted!"