Chapter 19

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Peyton's POV

"I can't wait to have you sleeping in my arms tonight" Soren nuzzled his nose onto the back of my head and whispered it to my ear as we walked back to his—our—room.

The contours of his face were upright, showing his eagerness, though I felt like running away and getting the heck out of this place!

The dinner was fabulous, the people were welcoming, but, OH GOD, I couldn't stand the stares I got tonight. Mom was right; they were eyeing me down like freaking vultures! Soren was obviously aware of my nervousness, but he didn't get why and I wasn't going to show him how pathetic I was by acting like a coward in front of his pack.

Maybe it will get better over time? This is only my first day, right?

"Finally...privacy" Soren inhaled deeply over my head as he closed the door behind us to his room. His large muscular arms hugged me from behind and trotted me forward. "Make yourself comfy while I get myself ready for bed..." He chuckled nuzzling his nose into my hair.

 I watch as he practically skips to his closet, then to his drawers like a kid off to the amusement park.

Looking over my shoulder, I noted the two pillows and groan. Imagining him and me in the same bed together was bringing forth butterflies in my stomach—And I thought having a mate was supposed to be magical. The feeling in the pit of my stomach is a lot worst then that stupid rollercoaster incident.

God, it felt like a thousand feathers were tickling me from the inside!

Soren glanced at my direction and immediately his mood dropped as he stood watching my profound silence.

"You can go freshen up first, if that will help ease your nerves. I'm sorry...I forgot how this must feel for you. Moving into a new pack and meeting new people--

"Thanks", I reply. What else was I to say? It wasn't like I've had much experience with guys before. "Umm...I'll wash first then." I said pointing awkwardly at his bathroom.

"Okay" He nodded, slightly smiling to encourage me. I felt stupid right now. He's my mate for heaven's sake! I need to relieve this tension and allow myself to relax with him!

"Uh-hmm"

 I sound like a babbling fool!

Shit, what is wrong with me?! My heart feels like the energizer bunny ready to explode! I quickly rush into the bath, before furthering my embarrassment. I shut the door and slide my back against it, slumping to the tile floor.

"Get it together" I whisper to myself. For a second I close my eyes and curl into a ball with my head on my knees.

Looking around, the contents of his bath, it was all masculine: his scent mixed with his faint cologne, his décor was black and white appealed to his style. I felt like the only once of feminine touch in the whole scope—trapped and shivering, like an abandoned puppy.  

It sucks being raised in a house of all female, I thought. Why could dad have had at least one boy! Actually, scratch that—that would be like throwing a man in a den of lions. I wouldn't have wished anyone such punishment especially with my sisters' in the picture.

After my shower, another dilemma aroused; I forgot I hadn't brought clothes with me! Looking down at my old clothes, I felt tempted to put them on again.