Chapter 9

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Soren's POV

Alpha Ivan tossed me a set of car keys as I stood waiting for the slowpokes to head to the car where most of the guys were already waiting.

"What's this?" I asked him.

"These are keys to three of my cars: Land Rover and VW bus. I don't think it would be appropriate for you to bring the motorcycles. This way all of you won't have to take so many cars."

That was very considerate of him. Who knew he had a heart.

"Thank you, sir"

"Just make sure you don't crash them." He retorted.

Well then...I take back what I said. "I'm a excellent driver, I assure you. You don't need to worry—wolf's honor..." I pounded my fist above my heart—a sign of promise. "If the road sign says 45 miles per hour, I'll drive 20, if that makes you feel better."

"Don't be funny." He snapped. "If one of my daughters are hurt it's your head." He ran his finger across his throat and glared at me.

I actually felt threatened by him for once.

"How about I drive?" Luca looked between us. "I drive a large car; I have more experience maneuvering on the road. I studies the road layout last night and noticed that the route contains a lot of sharp turns."

For a second his gaze flickered to me and I rolled my eyes. My friend new I was a fast driver, but in my defense I've never crashed the car, or caused a disturbance in traffic. My license holds a perfect record--a completely clean slate. 

"I would very much appreciate that, Luca." Ivan said grinning at him.

WHAT...

"What" I said what I thought out loud. They didn't even hear me mutter. The two were already shaking hands like they had just ended some civil war through a peace treaty. Luca you traitor! I glared at my ex-Beta. 

"I'll leave the VW Bus to you. It's running out of fuel, so be sure to take it to the gas station first before heading to the beach. I haven't used that piece of metal for almost half a decade." He patted Luca's back like some proud dad and waved us good-bye before heading back to his office.

"What the hell was that?" I asked the traitor.

Eric, Daniel, Christian and Corey were all gathered by the stairs but could hear everything that was being said. As soon as Alpha Ivan left they all walked towards us laughing.

"Nice one man!" Eric gave Luca a high-five.

"Can I drive the other car?" Christian asked. His eyes narrowed in on the other set of keys in my hand.

"In your dreams." I poked him in the forehead. "The last time we let you drive, you parked into a tree."

"It was an accident!" He exclaimed. "I thought I was pressing the break!"

"Maybe you should let Derrick drive the other car." Luca suggested. "Alpha Ivan would like that."

The smart-ass just couldn't stop talking. "What are you now...Alpha's Pet? I'm your alpha, Luca. Not him."

"Don't be like that Soren." Luca looked at me apologetically. "I didn't mean to kill your thunder, bro. It's just, you've been pulling Alpha Ivan's string and I thought I needed to tone it down a bit. I've been your friend for so long and I know when you need to tone it down. It's kind of my job as your Beta."