Chapter 43

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Soren's POV

A week has passed since Alpha Ivan confronted Mandy; since then he hasn't spoken to anyone, except his wife. It was typical Istas pack behavior--hiding from the outside world, but now that Peyton was living in my pack, it has come to my awareness that she became home-sick.

"Let's go out today." 

She sat on the steps of the back porch overlooking the view of the lake behind the pack house.

The guys: Eric, Daniel and Nathan were taking a dip in the water, laughing there heads off from trying to drown each other. Two guys missing: Corey and Luca. They were with their mates with permission. Corey was still in deep trouble for taking reckless actions with Ash, but it was already too late to do anything. So both alphas agreed to leave the two be for now as long as they don't suddenly decided to run away together. 

I had talked with my Old man the other night.

We made a agreement, that Dad wouldn't hand me the Alpha title for another four years. This plan of mine was for the benefit of both Peyton and I. I wanted us to have some time to relax before we take up the weight of the pack in our shoulders. Peyton also desired to finish school--get a bachelors degree in Economics. I thought we both would benefit from it, because it would help in future dealings with other packs. 

She sighed.

"What's wrong, babe?" I parted her long hair and fixed it over her shoulders. The sunlight did her beauty justice as it shown on her face when she twisted her body to face me. 

"I feel like nothing is fixed." She pulled her knees on her chest and crossed her arms over them with her head resting on them. I sat by her side and wrapped an arm around her making her lean her head into my shoulder. 

"What do you man by 'fixed'?" I asked. She's been so tense lately, i was beginning to worry about her. I thought after or wedding, getting over the kidnapping incident, we would finally be content together. 

That wasn't happening sooner than I had hoped. 

"Our dad's are still arguing, Mandy has become severely depressed and everything doesn't feel right!" She let out. 

I kissed the top of her head, "Don't let that get you depressed too. If life were easy, which it's not, we would be living happily without our annoying family bothering us." 

"I can't help not worrying. I'm just worried about everyone." 

I chuckled and hugged her tightly. "You think about people's wellbeing more than yourself. Take care of your self more. If not for you, than think of me." 

She looked at me with a weak grin. 'I'll try." 

"Not try--I WILL" 

She nudged me with her elbow. "You're very controlling." At first, i thought she was mad, but the amusement in her face relieved me. 

"You want something to eat?" i said getting up from the step. 

"Why do you even ask? You're going to stuff me with food either way." She reached out her hands and I took them, pulling her to her feet, then holding her around the waist. 

"Don't complain, you know you love it when I spoil you." 

"I appreciate the spoiling, however you're fattening me up!" She poked me in the chest with her finger.