Chapter 5

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*

PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy reading....

Soren's POV

My smile vanished as I saw hate in Peyton's face just before she turned. What did I do something wrong? I thought we were heading off on the right foot. It was so cute how she would easily blush when I spoke with her. Unlike most girls, she didn't immediately try to work their charms on me.

I stood glued to the floor as she walked away. Her scent remained as she left. Freshly washed cotton sheets and sweet floral perfume, she smelt amazing. For the first time ever I actually wanted to hug a girl, but couldn't.

"Soren, you're missing the action" Luca yelled, appearing from nowhere. i thought he would never leave those game controls. When we returned to the entertainment room, he took back his turn on the game controls and completely won over the level in less than five minutes  against the scrawny looking kid named Phil.

Phil was short for a sixteen year old; brown-reddish hair and a splash of freckles on his face. He looked half the size of Luca, who looked like a bear standing next to him.

Not exactly in the mood to play, I rounded the couch and fell back on the cushion, relieving a long sigh. I have a feeling Peyton wasn't well acquainted with interacting with men outside her pack. If it weren't for the way she kept her distance, her facial expressions gave it away. Her father really dotted on his daughters, it's pain as they. They were either spoiled or really shy.

The alpha in me wanted to poke a little fun and see what would happen if I teased Peyton a bit. Derrick really crossed my interest when he said Peyton was just like her father, but I have yet to see that fact in action. What would happen if pushed her around a bit? Would she show me her real self?

"Don't bother your time with my sister,Peyton. " Sam came up from behind me and leaned on the back of the couch. "I saw you talking with her."

"Why's that?" I said nonchalant, focusing on the TV screen. The tone of her voice and the way she was telling me what to do made me not like her even more. She first time I saw her she reminded me instantly of Angel. Who, by the way, sent me over 65 text messages since I left, but too bad I accidentally dropped my phone in the lake earlier today.

Oops

"She won't give you any time in the world. It's no use trying to get her to hang out with you cause her answer will always be no." I raised my eyes.

"Is that so?" I asked.

"You're better off trying to flirt with one of the females in the pack, they are dying to talk to you." She smirked. "New meat always gets them excited." She laughed and walked away. "I'll be upstairs if anyone needs me." 

Her sister Jackie, I think that's her name, glared at her from behind her book. "No one's going to need you." She mumbled.

Tay got up from where she sat on the floor and sat on the opposite side of the couch away from me. She didn't speak for a few seconds, as if contemplating whether to talk to me. The way she was shuffling her feet made me think she was dying to speak her mindabout what her older sister just said.

"Peyton is a col person, once she get's to know you." Jackie spoke first, placing her book down and marking her page with a bookmark. "She doesn't trust people easily because our father taught us to be like that. She just takes it much seriously than the rest of us do."