Chapter 21

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Alpha Ivan's POV

"Hey dad, I'm going out with Ryan tonight." Sam said poking her head inside my office.  I placed the pen down and folded my fingers together over the piece of parchment I was writing on.

"Where are you going exactly, I'd like to know?" She rolled her eyes. Sometimes I hated how Sam had her mother's carefree attitude. Doesn't she know how dangerous it is for her to go out?

"Don't be such a worry wart; Ryan will take care of me" She shut the door after her.

Chills ran down my spine. Déjà vu, I've heard that so many times, '...will take care of me'.  My girls are growing up now, it's like they don't need their father anymore. I remember those times, when they use to tell me how they'd marry me when they grow up.

Those were the days.

Then Alex and Sam started to see guys in a whole new light. God, I exploded with rage when Sam told me she wanted to get married to that human boy back when she was in third grade.  I knew my days as their 'superhero' was over as soon as Ash began changing all together. Buying all those cosmetic products and dressing like a life size Barbie.

If only she knew how beautiful she was without all that crap. Ashley says it's a phase girls go through growing up. If it were up to me they wouldn't be allowed out of the house until they were 30.

Peyton—my only anchor in sanity, I could always look at her and think I was still needed.

"Jeremy and his stupid mutt of a son" They had to take her away from me. Why did the fates have to choose HIM as Peyton's true mate--The son of my so called 'friend'?  I'd rather call my long time enemy. He took almost all my accomplishments in title.

 Someone knocked on my door and entered nevertheless. "Time for dinner dear" My beautiful mate, Ashley strolled into the room and carelessly sat on my lap. She kissed the top of my head and I instinctively kissed her back on the lips before laying my head down on her shoulder.

She smelt like honey and fresh baked bread. With Peyton gone, I wonder who's helping her in the kitchen.

"Let's have another" I muttered.

"Another...?"

"Baby..."

She pulled away and looked at me dumbfounded. "Our Eldest is getting married and you want us to have another?!"

I nodded, playing with the folds of her dress. "I miss having little kids playing around the house" I missed having them to depend on me.

She giggled. "Oh, my sweet...I've know you for so long, I know what is troubling you."

My brows arched, I looked up at her and stared into her gleaming, caring eyes. "If you understand me so well, then what's on my mind?" I said taking her hand and kissing each one of her slim fingers; kissing twice on the finger that had on our wedding ring.

"Our kids are growing up and your sulking over how they don't shower there love over you anymore" She hit me, spot on.

"You are good" I sighed.

"Oh, honey. They still love you" She hugged me tighter. "They may not jump over you anymore, but they still do love you" Doesn't seem like it, I thought to myself.

"Let's go, I'm hungry" I said, wanting to leave the subject before I embarrassed myself in front of my wife with my childish behavior. 

Walking up to our huge dining table, I stared at the empty seat near Sam. Peyton's seat was empty. So was Alex's, but I was used to it. My eldest was getting married and it took all my strength not to choke Matt with a death grip when he asked for her hand last night.