Chapter 18

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Soren's POV

 "My dad's an idiot, don't mind him" I console Peyton.

Her head pressed against her palms in embarrassment. I don't get why she should be so embarrassed, it was only my dad who caught her straddling me and laughing her head off when I tickled her. I wasn't like this was the first time he'd seen me like this, but I wasn't going to tell her that. Thankfully it wasn't my mother; she'd be running around screaming grandbabies and we wouldn't hear the last of it until we gave her what she wanted.

"Easy for you to say, there's not an ounce of respect in your stone body" She grumbled, slumping lower.

"Aww, how kind of you to notice the structure of my well-formed muscular body" I grinned, flexing by instinct. At least, now I knew it wasn't only me lusting over my mate—she was too.  

Her face flushed. "It wasn't a complement" She corrected. Stop denying...

"Don't ruin my moment babe" She rolled her eyes as I tried biting the tip of her chin. I expected her to scold me for calling her 'babe' but surprisingly she didn't.  "Want to meet the family now? I think there waiting sown stairs" Her body stiffened, it was like she tensed up into a block of ice. "Pey, you okay?" I waved over her face with my free hand.

She grabbed my wrist, "Don't do that, it makes me feel stupid."

"Sorry" I muttered, twisting her grasp on my wrist and covering her hand with mine, bringing our fingers tangled together. "Let's go!" I over exaggerated hoping to lighten the mood and smirked at her uneager face.

I pulled her by her wrist towards the door, her heals anchored us from going further. "Wait, I'm not prepared! We haven't even bathed yet." She said, shaking her head feverishly. "I need to look nice in front of your pack. What if they think I'm plain looking" So she did catch on to my earlier 'babe' comment.

Letting her down I snort, "Oh, please. There is nothing plain looking about you. You're beautiful and my family isn't as spiffy as yours. Trust me--I can walk in with my boxers and they'd put that aside." Her face looked horrified, staring down at my groin area. "It's only the Alpha meetings that are serious offences if you don't appear proper." I pointed out.

"My dad would kill me if I didn't go by his regulations and dress code while guests were in the house." Her pack was seriously missing out, I thought.

"Your dad sounds like a pansy" She frowned at that. "He didn't seem like he was strict when I was there" I ushered her out the door, leading the way to where I expected everyone to be waiting.

Her eyes averted my gazed and trailed to the floor. Again, I hated when she did that. I played around with her soft silk hair and twisted my fingers with her locks, arm draped around her shoulders as we walked.

"Our dads have issues they need to sort out. I think that's why he's not fond of you"

"Jee, I couldn't have guessed." I said sarcastically.

We walked into the room where most of my pack—half of my pack—accumulated to see my mate, their future Alpha Female. Sitting on the large chair my dad looked like the King Pin minus the top hat, eyes glass and cane. Mom sat with a couple she-wolves gossiping like racketing seagulls.

"Dad...mom...everyone" I greeted.

"Peyton" Dad exclaimed gliding off his seat and taking my mate away from me. Everyone watched as he turned his back towards me like I wasn't even in the room. I sighed and dropped my empties arms. I knew it was his way of trying to test my patience.