Chapter 26

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*
PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.
Enjoy reading....

Peyton's POV

My fingers curled together feeling something soft and silky beneath them. I shift to one side and cringe back when my ankle pains. My body automatically coils to protect itself.

"Easy now..." Huh? Opening me eyes, Dad looks down on me while sitting by my bedside.

"Daddy" I croak. My head hurts so much; I can't even left my head up.

He shushes me and gently rubs the side of my cheek. He seems to have aged since I last saw him; grey bags under his eyes, his face pale—paler than his grey eyes. "Your safe now my sweet girl."

Tears sting my eyes. "Oh dad, I missed you!" I said barely a whisper. I try to reach out to him but my arms were tired as well.

"I missed you to sweetheart" He bends down and kisses the top of my head. This side of dad is only bought out when he's with his family. Although he may look cold and overbearing to his pack, but deep inside his rough surface, he is a great father.

"I was scared" I cry like a child. He's my father, I'm allowed too.

"But you stayed brave, like a true ISTAS wolf. I'm very proud of you, your mother as well."

"Is mom here?"

"She was a few hours ago, she had to leave to take care of the pack while I'm here" his large hand warms my forehead. Noticing my slight pout he says, "But she will come again tomorrow." I sigh.

Dad looks at the door before someone knocks. "No you may not come in." I roll my eyes.

"It's Jeremy"

"Like I said you may not come in" He repeats.

"Actually I don't need to ask you, this is my son's room" He exclaims, though he still doesn't come in.

Soren's room...? I look up to see his Megan Fox poster above the ceiling. Urg, I thought he's have it down by now.

"Take one step inside and I'm going to hit you with this night lamp!" Dad lied, there was a lamp, but it was on the other side of the bed and he wasn't moving to get it.

"Dad, be nice"

"I'm coming in n—

Something must have stopped him--Or someone

"Dad, what the heck are you doing?"

Soren!

"Soren" I mutter unconsciously and dad groans.

"This pack will be the death of me" I look at my father like he had lost his mind. Why is he always upset when it comes to Alpha Jeremy and his pack?

We start hearing them through the door. "Soren, I just wanted to see how Peyton is doing" he said with a child-like tone. It seemed like the parent and child switched places at the moment. It was ridiculous, really.

"She needs rest" Soren says flatly. Despite the door between us to hide him from my view, I felt the hint of sadness in his tone of voice.

"Why don't YOU go in there?" Alpha Jeremy pretends to whisper, exaggerating his voice a little. Soren doesn't answer. Dad shifts annoyed by their banter. We both listen intently waiting for either male to enter the room. How I wish to know what's in Soren's mind right now.

"What do you mean no!" Alpha Jeremy yells.

I felt rejected somehow, even though I didn't know why. My fingers tense and tighten on the soft sheets. Dad silently gets up and marches up to the door, unlocking the knob. He slowly opens the door making it creek, then as it opens half way he slams it onto the wall making the frames rattle.