Chapter 4

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy reading....

[Peyton]

"Mom, how'd you get all the food to disappear?" I asked shocked. All 6 trays of my pastries I created within four hours all gone, the only thing left was the empty plates. "Mom, I told you, you could have half to distribute to the pack, not all of them!" I ground. Great, now what was I going to present to my cooking teacher! My first big assignment and it was eaten by a bunch of dogs-literally!

"I'm sorry dear but it slipped my mind" She said innocently. "Your cakes were SO good, we gobbled it all up!" She wiped the dining table clean, removing the mess that was just there before I had arrived. I peeked into the kitchen and saw the new stack of dirty plates.

Guess who's going to clean that later? ME obviously.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"Getting to know our guests" Mom answered, walking around the kitchen. She grabbed a couple plates and placed it in the dishwasher.

"I'll do it." Because no one else was going to do it and I didn't want my mom to do more work than she already has.

"It's alright Peyton. Go on and 'hangout' with everyone. I think most of them are in the living room playing games on the plasma screen. I have nothing else to do tonight So I'll take the chores tonight."

"But mom, I don't like playing with video games."

Mom rolled her eyes. "Peyton sometimes I worry for you. Be a teenager for once, you only have two years before it's over." She sighed.

I don't want to be a teenager, I want to grow up! Never once in my life had I been treated the mature and dignified daughter like Alex or the spoiled baby like Ash. It sucked being the middle child, because My parents never concerned over me like the rest. I am dependable and never the trouble maker.

I was the silent one. Not that I wanted attention or anything-it's just, I didn't feel significant enough. And that's usually what a mate is for: to point out all the unique and good things about you when you really need it. I picture him, telling me how important I was to him. He wouldn't compare me to my sisters or poke at my faults.

For a split second my brain focused on an image of Soren smiling at me with a wolfy grin. I shook my head, what was I thinking!

"Are you ok Hun?" mom frowned in concern.

"Uh...nothing," I lied.

Mom snorted. What the heck...

"You can't fool me young lady, I see what you're trying to do?" She grinned.

"Care to explain, because I have no idea what you're talking about mom"

"You're pretending to be sleepy, then sneak up to your room and hide yourself up their again until your night rounds" She exclaimed, looking as if she solved the greatest mystery in the world and bloated in accomplishment.

I wanted to sigh in frustration but she might misinterpret that too.

"You read me like a book!" I didn't want to rain on her parade so I pretended she was right. "Alright...fine. I'll hang with them, but I won't stay for long" I groaned.

"Glad to hear!" She smiled, clapping her hands together in glee.

If it makes you stop worrying..."Yeah"