Chapter 15

-Chapter 15: Trouble and Truth

I stare at the number on my phone, which is Jae's, and sigh heavily as it rings.

Last night, after leaving Jae's place, Danny had a little talk with me. He wants Allison to break up with Jae's friend because they're "moving too fast" to him. He is also worried about their relationship for no good reason.

"Are you kidding me?" Jae asks me. "I just saw your text message about what happened. Is he really wanting them to break up?"

"You are supposed to be the calm one, Jae," I say, sighing. "And yes, he does. He wants them to head to Splitsville."

Danny shouldn't be trying to break up a happy relationship that is healthy. Are they moving too fast? Perhaps they are, but it is their choice to. They get to decide how to live their life and as long as no one is getting hurt, we should leave it be.

"He really loves getting involved in his sisters' business," he comments, sighing heavily. "Anyways, I need time to calm down. I'll speak to you about this at lunch. I have an appointment this morning so I'll be in late at school today."

Right! He has a dentist visit to go to. He's getting his pretty white teeth looked at. Hopefully it'll go well and not end up like my life.

"I hope it goes well. I'll definitely be waiting to talk to you today. I'm going to miss walking into school with you."

"I'll miss that too. I love walking you to classes."

I smile, my eyes going to my reflection. "Aw." Sweet.

"I have a way with words don't I?" Jae chuckles. "You're calming me down a bit. Thank you. I needed it."

"He wants Allison to break up with my friend? That is so not happening. I refuse to let it happen." Jae tosses down his PB&J, letting it land on his lunch bag, and I flinch a bit. "Oh, I'm sorry for scaring you Cassie! I am just a bit angry about what your brother wants to happen."

"It's okay," I say, accepting his apology. "You didn't mean any harm."

"Hey, it's my favorite two people." Jeanette.

I look up as she approaches us, looking like her usual perfection in looks.

"I see you're still rejecting your popular life Cassie. How long is it going to take for you to realize that Jae is just some girl locked in a boy's body? He should totally get a haircut because half the guys in this school can't tell if he is a chick or a dude," Jeanette comments, eyes going to Jae. Is she being serious right now?

"I just noticed you're by yourself Jeanette. Did you lose your posse or something? Did they ditch you like I wanted them to?" I asks, causing her to gasp. "I'm no longer your zombie that follows you mindlessly. Are you surprised that I can think for myself?"

Jeanette crosses her arms as Jae stands, making the table rock. "Don't get up you little freak!" Jeanette shouts.

"Make me sit back down then. Can you do it?"

Jeanette's face drops a bit. "You're a boy. You're stronger than me by default."

"Jae, just ignore her. She's not going to do anything to harm us. She's that pathetic as a person now." I see her for who she truly is now. She's nothing more than a bully.

I look at Jae as he looks at me, his eyes intense.

"Jae?" He needs to listen to me.

"I can handle this one. It's about time someone let her know how pathetic it is to be a bully. She thinks she can just pick on who she think is weak. Isn't that right, Jeanette? You like picking on the helpless?" Jae looks back at her.