Chapter 10

-Chapter 10: Parties and Party Crashers

I am so lost at what to do right now because I don't know what to wear out. 

Which one is better for me to where to a party for Jae's mom? I don't honestly know what she will approve of. I don't want her to think I'm like his ex-girlfriend and want to seduce her son somehow. No, that isn't what I want at all! Why did he have to text me after studying about having a party? 

"Need something?" a voice asks me softly and I turn, looking at Jae. When in the world did he get in here? 

"Yes, I need to find an outfit for tonight," I state, answering his question."I had no idea you would be popping in here. If I knew you were, I would have done my hair a bit better since I probably look like I just woke up." Which means that I'm a total hot mess right now in the hair department and probably look like a bird's nest is on my head.

Jae laughs, shaking his head as his eyes scrunch up cutely. "You don't have to worry about how you look, Cass," he states. "I love how you look since I appreciate you as a person. Your looks aren't important to me."

"Did Tiffany teach you not to judge someone based off their appearances?" 

"Tiffany taught me a ton of things, but I don't think she taught me that." He moves over to my closet and looks inside of it. "You can just wear something simple. Put on a black dress and some boots or maybe some cozy. Don't be like Jeanette though." 

Jeanette tends to over do the party attire. Jae's not trying to say she's trying to look sexy to everyone, but that she tends to underdress for her age. It makes sense for him to not want that for me. 

"You actually go to parties?" I have to tease him right now. I think everyone has gone to parties at some point. "Were they parties of classmates or family parties?" 

"I usually sneak in by wearing a masquerade costume just to see what you popular people are hiding from the rest of the school. It is quite interesting what I have seen." Oh, so he definitely sneaks around at parties then? "Jeanette makes out a lot. With a ton of different guys." 

"Thanks," I said as he pulls out a black dress from my closet. "What kind of shoes can I wear and how did you get so into fashion? I don't remember if I ever asked you that or not." I don't remember everything I talk to him about.

"Fashion is a huge thing in South Korea and so when I visited, I got hooked to it. I usually keep up with the latest trends." Jae turns to me as his eyes go over to my uggs. "You can wear anything but those. Those are too hideous in my opinion and you should throw them out since that trend died out ages ago." So, he's into trends? 

"That is very harsh to say about a gift from my brother. He actually attempted to find me something for my birthday last year and he failed but I kept them because I cherish each gift I get," I tell him. "Besides, my step grandma on my mom's side gave me duck slippers for Christmas and she died two weeks later. I hated the slippers so much at first but once she died, I loved them." My face is starting to feel hot and my eyes are starting to water a bit.

Jae smiled. "Don't feel bad for telling me about that at all, alright?" He moves closer to me and holds out the dress. "People tend to share things with people they trust. And you know you can trust me, right?" 

"What?"

"I am glad you can trust me. By the way, my journal has some of your secrets in it," Jae answers, eyes going to me, and he turns a bit red. He has a journal?

"Don't turn red about it! It is kind of cute that you have one. What's the story behind it? Do you like writing in it?" I want to know about his journal now. What goes on in Jae's world?