Chapter 9

-Chapter 9: Now and New

I enter the school building slowly and I sigh heavily, my eyes going over to a group of people staring at me. So, the dance wasn't a total disaster since my ex-boyfriend got tossed out for harassment and Jeanette left in embarrassment. I finally defeated Jeanette with the help of Jae and now the only thing to do is deal with the consequences of cheating on my boyfriend with Jae.

"Hey, wait up Cassie!" Someone shouts and I stop dead in my tracks. "You are here really early today. Did you have fun with me at the dance?"

I turn and my eyes land on Jae, who is grinning at me stupidly. Well, what do I say to that question of his? How do I even answer him without sounding super into him and his cool ways?  

I nod my head and smiles at him warmly. Did I have fun with him at the dance? Of course I did! Jae is a fun person and he is always standing up for himself. Well, most of the time he is. It was interesting using him to end my relationship. But did I really use him is the real question or did it mean something to me?

"You know how to make dances fun," I tell him, being completely and utterly honest with him. "Besides, you made the night better. You really know how to treat a girl."

Jae laughs. "I try to treat each girl nicely but Jeanette deserved the horns on my head. She doesn't know that I can be a little devil. I'm not always an angel." Jae looks at me innocently and I roll my eyes. "So, when shall we start working on our project again?"

"We should start working on it as soon as we can. We only have a little more to read and then we will be done. I can't wait to finish up the project. I hate projects," I state, answering his question.

"Oh, I almost forgot to ask you about the kiss again. What did it exactly mean to you besides everything?" Jae holds out his hand and I look down it, reaching out and taking it slowly. "I am curious about it. You don't seem like the type to hand out free kisses to guys. You never really kissed Zack from what I can tell." He's not wrong on that.

"I kissed you because I like you and I wanted to let everyone know it. You are different from Zack and it took me a while to see that he wasn't as perfect as I thought. Actually, all it took was you. You walked into my life and you made things change all of a sudden." It was interesting actually giving someone a kiss. "I don't k now if you have caused a good or bad change yet, but I will find out eventually."

"You like me?" Jae asks me, looking at me in complete shock. "You mean in the 'I wanna date you' way or in the best friend way?"

"I mean in the dating one. I really do like you," I state, staring at his cheeks as they turn a bit pink. "You are finding this hard to believe? Why is that?"

Jae looks down, trying to hide his blushing face. "Well, you know a bit about my ex-girlfriend, right? She cheated on me and I have been so hurt since. So, I have closed myself off from girls for a bit. I'm not gay so don't assume I started dating guys. That would be interesting to try though." Of course he's not gay. Liking makeup and all doesn't make someone gay.

I laugh. "You're so silly Jae. Anyways, I am not sure if you feel the same way about me at all. I know you like me and you want me to be treated right but that doesn't necessarily mean you want to date me." Does he truly like me?

"I do want to date you." He does like me?

"So...is that an official way of wording that or what?" That can't be how he wants to get with me?

"Do you want to be my girlfriend Cassie?" Jae asks me with a hopeful look on his face.  "And if you do want to date, let's not rush into anything and end up making a ton of mistakes. I can't afford to make mistakes like having a baby out of wedlock and all. Not that they're always mistakes."