Chapter 17

-Chapter 17: Stalkers and Storms

I looked outside and sighed. “It’s storming again Jae!” I exclaimed. “What kind of weather is this? It’s supposed to be cool out and getting ready to snow! It shouldn’t be raining and all windy.”

“Maybe it doesn’t want to snow yet,” Jae replied. “I am glad it’s not snowing yet. I haven’t updated my wardrobe yet. I need to buy some winter clothes that will make me look so cute. I also need to buy some white eye shadow to go with the season. I love matching the weather and the seasons.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Okay, I was lying but I do seriously want to match the winter weather. I want to have a pale complexion. I look too exotic right now. I’m tan,” he replied and I shook my head and laughed. “Okay, I’m not exactly tan. I’m pretty pale right now. Hopefully I can look good in white.”

“You already look good in white. In fact, you can dress like a pack of skittles and still look good!” I told him and he laughed. “It’s not that funny. I just used skittles as an example. Skittles remind me of the rainbow.”

“Aren’t they the rainbow according to the commercials?”

I shrugged. “I guess you can say that they are a rainbow according to the commercials.”

“So, you want me to dress like a bag of skittles? Does that mean I need to buy some sort of skittle costume?”  He titled his head and looked at me softly. “Do you want me dressing like some bright rainbow? I would be craving skittles if I did.”

“You don’t have to. I was just saying you look good in anything,” I replied and he nodded. “But if you do dress like a skittle, please tell me so I can take pictures of you so I can post them up on the internet. I want to share the beauty of skittles with the world. I’m kidding about the pictures part though. I could never do that to you. That would be embarrassing to you and what’s left of your reputation.”

“I don’t even need what’s left of my reputation. I can just flush it down the toilet,” Jae said with a laugh. “I rather have no reputation over being watched by others all the time. I am glad you have realized that popularity isn’t worth it.”

“Yeah, it isn’t worth it Jae,” I muttered out. “I can’t believe Jeanette convinced me to take after her. I’m glad I’m not a mini Jeanette because the world might explode if that happens. I would probably dye my hair and do my makeup like she does. I would even dress up like her if I tried being her.”

“I can’t imagine that.”

I shivered. “Well, I can and it’s not pretty.”

Jae stood up. “Hey, let’s go outside and to take a walk. I know it’s storming out but I really want to go somewhere with you by walking. Besides, the storm shouldn’t be able to stop our fun train.”

“Do I get to change into something much better looking than this?” I asked pointing to my clothes. “I don’t think this is going to fit for a day out in the rain.”

Jae nodded. “Yeah, you can switch clothing. I don’t think pajama pants are really fitting for going outside. Are they comfy?”

“You haven’t worn pajama pants before?”

“I don’t wear anything but my normal daily clothes to bed.” He walked over to my closet and opened it. “I will pick your outfit because I think I have mad fashion skills.”

“I think we both know that is true. I have no actual clue about fashion.”

“That’s a lie!”