Chapter 11

-Chapter 11: Boundaries and Brothers

"Thank you for helping me clean up," Jae says softly as he wraps his arms around my waist, placing his chin against my right shoulder. "Do you want to stay the night? You can borrow some of my clothes tomorrow if you do. I don't mind sharing."

I laugh, shaking my head. "I would love to stay the night but I can't. I have to go home," I state as he moves back from me. I turn around and smile. "Aw, you're so cute when you pout!"

"What? You think I'm cute when I pout? Oh my goodness! You're making me feel so weird right now!" Jae laughs. "Do you want to go to my room now? I know we were up there an hour ago but we should go back up and have some fun playing games."

"Cassie!" My brother's voice shouts and I roll my eyes. "Are you ready to go?" 

I look at the entrance to the kitchen as my brother comes right in, not even sparing a second. 

"Danny," I begin, my eyes going over to Jae. "I want to stay the night here. Can you please let me? I really want to stay the night here with Jae and his family. I want to get to know his father and try to fit in."

"We'll talk about this later Cassie. Just go outside and get in the car," Danny says, not really answering me, and he turns away. "You better be out there in five minutes. I am not going to grant you any more than that." 

"You're not mom or dad!" I shout and he looks over his shoulder, staring at me softly. "You don't get to boss me around like they do, okay? You don't need to act like someone with a ton of power because you don't have a lot of power. You hardly have any, okay?" I should be trusted enough to stay here. 

Jae touches my shoulder softly with his hand. "It's okay Cassie. Just listen to him. He may not trust me enough yet, alright? I will walk you out to the car now."

"Jae..." I can't believe that he's siding with Danny right now!

"Everything will be okay," he whispers, moving closer to me. "I will make sure you get to stay the night eventually. It doesn't have to be right away. It is a bit too early in our relationship to do that. It was stupid of me to even bother with it."

I nod as he steps closer to me, leaning in and placing a kiss on my lips quickly. He is too hard not to forgive right now. I love this cutie pie!

"Let's sit down for a moment and talk," Jae suggests out. " Danny, you can start waiting for her, alright? We're going to go and discuss our boundaries."

"Alright, I'll see you outside in five minutes, Cass." Danny is just going to leave now? 

"Boundaries? What kind of boundaries?" I turn to Jae and raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"For a healthy relationship. Here, sit." He moves to the table and pulls out one of the chairs. I sigh and sit down, sitting in the one he pulled out. 

"Alright, shoot." 

He moves over a bit and pulls out the chair next to mine. "We should have a line that we can't cross. So, we should kiss, hug, and hold hands. We won't do anything in the bedroom besides cuddling." He plops down, sitting finally. 

"Jae..." I pause and take a deep breath. "I am a virgin still. You don't worry about the bedroom thing. I am not ready to do anything like that. That's something Jeanette may do, but that is something I won't do. I rather not do anything like that unless I know I am truly in love."

I am not trying to shame Jeannette at all. I'm just saying I'm not like her and I don't go around doing such a thing. She can do whatever she wants with anyone as long as she is being safe and doing it in a positive manner.