Chapter 21

-Chapter 21: Welcomes and Warmth

Jae opened the door for me and I looked inside my house. The last time I was inside my house was when Danny yelled at me about Jae and then I decided to storm out. I looked at Jae unsurely and he looked at me reassuringly and he allowed me to go in first.

I walked in and Danny looked at me. "Welcome home Cassie! Sorry we're not done with getting ready for the welcome back party but this is all we have done right now. I hope you're not too upset about this. The cake is already here and mom and dad are going to be here in a few minutes."

"Mom and dad are going to be here?" I asked in shock. "I don't want mom and dad being here. They are going to embarrass me in front of Jae and Jae is going to be thinking that I'm some strange person base on what they say to him."

"I would never think that Cassie," Jae said softly. "I will always think of you as a lovely girl who has a strange side to her." I looked at Jae and he smiled. "Besides, they can't make me decide something like that without any actual evidence that you're like that."

"Yeah, he is right about that." Danny nodded and he looked into the kitchen. "I'm going to look at the cake and make sure that the pizza in the oven is cooking properly. Are you ready to go back to school soon Cassie? I know you have missed t so much."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I could never really miss school. I only miss it when I can't see Jae during the day. You know when school is the only time I get to see him?"

"I love it when I get to see Cassie," Jae said with a dreamy tone to his voice. "Anyways, what's the cake's flavor? I love the one with the multi flavor. I love chocolate and yellow cake. They're so tasty! I also love chocolate cake being by itself. I cannot pick a flavor for it."

"Cassie!" Allison's voice shouted from upstairs. "Are you home now?"

"Yeah, I'm home!" I shouted loudly and Allison came running down the stairs at high speed, pulling me into a tight embrace. "Allison! You're crushing me right now."

Allison released me from her arms and pouted. "I was crushing you? I didn't know my hug was that powerful? How's your shoulder doing? It was having some pain the other day wasn't it? I hope it's better now. I know it was alright earlier."

"My shoulder is doing fine besides the feeling of having a hole there. Well, it was a hole when it was shot. I'm glad they sealed it up," I answered and I looked at my shoulder. "I have to have bandages on it for a bit longer and then I have to get it checked up on. I didn't think they would let me go but they said it wasn't too bad. It did take some stitches to put me back together again."

"She's playing a hot game!"

"What the heck is that noise?" Allison asked.

Jae reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. "That noise is my ringtone. It's Hot Game by A-JAX," Jae explained and he pressed a button on his phone. "Hello sister. Are you on the way here? I hope you are because I can't wait for you to properly meet my girlfriend. I didn't like that you had to meet her in the driveway when her ex chased after her."

I walked into the kitchen and looked at the cake on the table. "That's a nice cake," I commented. "It's very nice. I really like it. I'm thinking it's chocolate and yellow cake. You know that's Jae's favorite kind right?"

Danny laughed. "Yeah, I do know since he said so. His mother picked out the cake since she didn't want me making one. She is a kind lady. She has been helping me around the house along with his sister. His sister came here the other day and cleaned up the rooms. She didn't go into your room though. She said she didn't want to ruin your things since you left them the way they were before going to the hospital."