Chapter 13

-Chapter 13: Restraining Orders and Relaxation

"I am granting the restraining order against Zack Workman," the judge says as she hits the gravel down, ending our little case. "Next case please."

I sigh in relief and look down as my heart races. I am glad this case went on faster than I thought it would. Then again, Danny has friends in high places. Thank goodness they were willing to move the case along to protect me.

I turn to Jae as he holds out his hands to me and I take them, holding onto them gently.

"Thank you for being here. I was freaked out to face him alone when his attorney was asking me questions. I was afraid they would make me look like a horrible," I say, my lips curving upwards.

"I think we should go and do something fun. How about we go to the mall later? I think you need to get your mind off this heavy stuff," Jae suggests, offering to get me out. I think it is a good idea. "Do you want to."

"Sure, let's do that." I nod my head.

"I will text my mom to come and get us at your place. Then we can hang out and have a good time. Do you think Danny will mind me being over?"

I release his hands. "He's just overprotective of me, Jae. I think he has every reason in the world to want to keep me safe. It just makes me feel a bit suffocated sometimes. I wish he would back off a bit."

"That makes him a really good brother. My sister usually looks out for me. Well, she used to. I don't know what she is doing now, but I'm sure she's missing me and doing quite well. You need to allow your brother to be a brother."

"I hope she isn't too over protective like my brother. Maybe they can talk about methods of keeping us other control. I hope that doesn't offend you."

Jae shakes his head as he drops his hands down to his side, chuckling a little. "It's not offensive to me, but my sister would probably think so. As long as you aren't like Tiffany, she will be okay with you. Tiffany met her once when she came to town and was so rude that my sister decided not to see me. I had to apologize for an entire week for Tiffany's behavior!"

"She must be a bad girl. How could she be like that to your sister? She should have tried making a good impression on your family."

"She is an alright person. Tiffany has the potential to be a great person but she rather be popular and have a lot of friends. I think she needs to think of what she really wants and not what everyone wants of her." Jae is not wrong about that. There can be redemption for his ex.

"Do I remind you of her? Be honest with me about this." I am curious if he likes me because some part of me reminds him of her.

He laughs, shaking his head. "Not really. You're slightly similar in the sense you both wear makeup and hung out in a similar crowd, but that is it. You two are so different and I love that you are different from her."

"I guess that is a good thing then." I am glad that he doesn't see too many similarities between us. The last thing I want is to remind him of his ex all the time. "Glad you see us as different."

"You don't like being popular, however, you love having no one hate you." Jae turns and stares at the exit. "We should get going. They have other cases to handle."

"Right," I reply. I almost forgot about that. "Yes, let's get going and get away from this place. I do not want to be here any longer."

Jae turns back to me and nods his head. "I'll walk you to the car. Danny seems to be out of here already."

"He had a coffee. He had to go to the bathroom." I am sure of it.

"I am glad I didn't have coffee. I don't need any."