Chapter 8

-Chapter 8: Boy Friends and Breaking Away

I look in the mirror as I slide on my dress for the dance. I think it's the Homecoming dance, but I could be wrong. I have never been involved with a dance before despite my popularity. This is going to be the first time I ever got involved in one and my first date is my best friend and partner for school, Jae. 

"May I come in?" a voice asks and I look at the door.

"Sure, come on in Allison," I answer and I look back at myself in the mirror. "Do you think I look beautiful enough to go to a dance? Do I look classy?" I think I look nice with my makeup looking this way. It isn't a natural look but it isn't full glam.

Allison appears in the mirror and she places her hands on my shoulders, touching me gently. "You look amazingly beautiful sister," she tells me and she smiles warmly at me.

I  look myself over in the mirror  again and my eyes goes to my dress. It looks so lovely on me still. I am surprised I got this dress.

"You're going to be the most beautiful girl at the dance," Allison assures me, snapping me out of my thoughts. She removes her hands from me. 

"Thank you for thinking so but I highly doubt I will be beautiful to make everyone stare at me for a while. That only happens in the movies when a girl goes to a dance," I say, turning away from the mirror. "Are you ready to meet my lovely date for tonight? And he's not my boyfriend at all so don't assume that he is." I point my finger at her, grinning. 

Allison nods her head, holding out her hands defensively to my pointed finger. "Yes, I am ready to meet you lovely date. I'm hoping it isn't your horrible boyfriend Zack. He called me last night claiming that you're a cheater and that you love making out with she-males. I highly doubt you have cheated on someone and made out with a she-male. And don't think I approve of that terminology because I don't. I'm only saying it because that is how he speaks and I don't want you to get confused about what we're talking about."

"I wouldn't kiss what he calls that or cheat on someone. I am only interested in things that look like the male species to me. I am very specific about what I like because I know my sexuality and I am comfortable with it." I smile and walk out the room door. "Allison, can you get my high heels?"

"Sure."

I head downstairs slowly and Danny appears at the bottom of them, looking me and moving towards me with a box. "This is for you," he states. holding out the box. "Please open it up, sis."

I nod my head and reach out, looking down, to the box. I take it from him gently and smile, placing my hands on the side of it. I open it and gasp. A beautiful gold silver necklace looks up at me and I feel my heart break a little. Danny is such a sweet brother!

"Danny..." I look up at him, staring in shock. "You shouldn't have gotten me this. It's too beautiful for me. You're the greatest brother in the world. Can you please put it on me?" I don't deserve this kind of gift that isn't that cheap. I was expecting some hoop earrings or a cheap flower accessory, not some pretty silver necklace.

"Actually, someone else may want to do that and you will see what I'm talking about when it arrives," Danny answers, smiling at me.. "You may relax on the couch and get your high heels ready. I want to take pictures before you go and you should make sure you hurry out the house before mom sees you."

"I will be sure to do that." I walk over to the couch and sit down on. "Anyways, what are you going to do tonight besides sit at home and wait for me to get back from the dance?"

"Allison has invited her boy toy to hang out with me," Danny tells me, giving me his plans for the night.. "I think the guy is a friend of Jae's."

"Oh, he is."