Chapter 12

-Chapter 12: Fun Mornings and Followers

"Hey, wake up!" Danny's voice shouts, causing me to open my eyes. "What do you want for breakfast? Also, mom and dad said you can skip school if you still are traumatized from what happened to you. I don't think you should go. What happens if he finds you after school?"

I sit up and sigh. "I think it'll be okay for me to go to school. It isn't like I can afford skipping a bunch of classes out of fear." And I have Jae at my side at school, so he'll keep me safe. 

"You should have called the police," Danny tells me. He's such a big brother right now, which is fine in this situation.

I look down, nodding slowly. "Yeah, I should have but I think Zack isn't going to try anything. He seems more like a coward in my opinion and he isn't the type to try and confront me in front of others. He will just run away if he sees Jae. As long as I am with someone, I am safe."

"How about some pancakes?" Danny asks me, changing the subject as I get off the bed. "You seem eager to have some pancakes." He laughs a bit and I look at him, resisting the urge to smile.

"You know that they are my favorite thing to eat for breakfast besides cereal. When I eat cereal, I say I'm a cereal killer," I say, causing him to laugh. "What? You think my cheesy joke is funny?"

He stops laughing. "Well, yeah of course I do. I love cheesy jokes! I'll get dad to make you your pancakes since he is here right now and needs to actually do some cooking for once. Mom will be back home later so you may not want to bring Jae here. She will totally embarrass you in front of him. I remember when I was dating a girl named Vanessa. You remember Vanessa don't you?"

I shrug. "I guess I do."

"She showed Vanessa baby pictures of me and I felt so embarrassed and like my life was over. Mom only got baby pictures of me because she adopted me when I was so young. It was the worse day of my life,." Danny turns around, facing the exit of my room. "Be down within a half an hour."

Danny steps out of the room and turns, heading away from me and my room. 

I move over to my closet and open it. I pull out a black shirt and blue jeans, which is school appropriate because no tears are on the jeans. I turn and head into my bathroom. I am going to dry shampoo today since I took a bath last night without washing my hair. I don't even care if anyone sees the residue on my hair at this point. I want to be safe. 

 I place down my clothes and turn on the light, my eyes going to the mirror. I look like I got hit in the face with a brick or something right now. My hair is messy and I have bags under my eyes. It is clear to me that I'm going to need plenty of time to get ready for the day. Good thing I have makeup on hand for a morning like this. 

~.~

I hop down the stairs. "Good morning daddy!" I shout as I reach the bottom of the steps. "How is the cooking going so far?" I am practically screaming right now, but that isn't abnormal for me when I'm over here and he's far over in the kitchen.

"I have no clue how to make a pancake," my dad answers, shouting, and I laugh. "You think this is funny? This is so hard! I don't know how you, your mother, and Danny do this."

"Do you want me to help you?" I ask and I move over to the entrance of the kitchen, my eyes going to him as he shakes his head. "Fine, do it alone and see where it gets you daddy. You can't do everything on your own. Sometimes you have to ask for help."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"You should get that," he tells me. "I am going to try and figure out how to make a pancake properly while you do that." So, I'm the one who should be answering doors now? Okay, nice to know.