Chapter 7

-Chapter 7: Drama and Dresses

I look through several racks of dresses and groan. I hate shopping for clothing sometimes. It's so hard to find the perfect outfit and sometimes I just find the worst outfit. It's terrible and being a girl makes it harder. Why did I have to bring up the dance to Jae?

"Having trouble looking for a dress?" a voice asks from behind me and I turn around to find Jeanette behind me with my boyfriend.

"Yes, I am. I really want to look good for the dance." I look over at Zack and force a smile onto my face. "Hello sweetheart. It's great seeing you outside of your work and away from my house. Why are you hanging out with Jeanette? I thought you had work."

Zack shrugs and runs a hand through his short hair. "I guess I just wanted to catch up on what Jae has been doing with you lately. It seems like you two have a lot of fun together at school. How is the project going?"

"Why do you care about what I do with some guy at school? He is only my partner for an English project," I ask and I cross my arms. He shrugs again and his eyes dart over to Jeanette. "I guess you two should hang out with each other more and try to find something else to talk about. I can't believe you're acting like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to with him." I'm livid right now!

"Actually, Jae is one of our favorite subjects," Zack says correcting me and I roll my eyes. "Baby, why are you acting like this? We were so perfect together before this Jae dude walked into your life. He has done something to you and I'm not happy about it. Did he kiss you darling?"

I look at Zack in shock. "What? He has never kissed me! Are you trying to accuse me of cheating on you with someone I hardly know that well? You're acting crazy right now!" He's obviously super jealous but I don't think I need to call him out on something so obvious.

"Is Jae going to come to the dance?" Jeanette asks laughing and I glare at her. What is their deal today? "Oh, I guess he is coming to dance. Who even invited him?"

"Okay, let me help you understand something Jeanette. He's allowed to do what he wants whether you like it or not. Also, he's just my partner for class and someone I can be close to outside of school. Shouldn't we all want more friends? We should understand people different from us." Even if that person wears pink shoes and has makeup on while being a boy, we should try and to get to know them.

"What about me baby? I don't treat you that bad." Zack takes a few steps towards me and holds out his arm, looking like he wants to hug me. I don't want to hug him right now.

I move away from him and his arms. "Don't you dare touch me! I have had enough of you treating me like some stupid girl who is cheating on you because she isn't faithful. I'm faithful to you and I have always been. I don't even know if you want me to be your girlfriend."

"I want you to be my girlfriend Cassie. You're perfect," he states, trying to assure me that he isn't trying to accuse me of something and that he loves me. No, he doesn't love me as much as I thought he did. He is so jealous of Jae and it is starting to annoy the crap out of me.

"I will never be perfect," I order, turning away. "Jeanette, please walk him out the door. I don't want to see him until he is ready for me to give him the love he thinks he is entitled to. I will speak to you about this in private when we're not in a store." I look around as people stare at us like we're some kind of freak show at some amusement park.

I sigh as they walk off instantly, not bothering to argue with me. I'm not going to tolerate that bullcrap anymore. What did I do to be accused of such terrible things? What did I ever do to my boyfriend and my friend for them to accuse me of doing things with my best friend I met during my project?