forty two

I was passed out in a deep sleep when I heard someone violently banging on my door. I shot up out of my sleep and Pansy did the same. We both gave each other concerned looks before jumping out of bed, making sure to grab our wands and slowly and cautiously open the door. We both grunted when we see Malfoy and Nott standing there.

"Are you two fucking crazy?" I shout. "You scared the shit out of us!"

"We need to go. Now." Draco says as he takes my hand and tries to drag me out of the room.

"What?" I ask but he doesn't answer so I force myself to stop moving. He turns around to face me.

"Tell me what's going on. I'm not leaving without Theo and Pansy." I say. He looks past me at Theo and then nods.

"Fine, they can come. Blaise is already in the common room waiting." Draco says. He seems so... scared?

"What's happening?" Pansy asks behind me.

"I'll tell you guys when we get down there." Draco says as he takes my hand again. This time I follow him, and so does Theo and Pansy.

We get to the common room to see Blaise pacing around it. I'm starting to get really worried.. what's happening that has got all three boys so scared?

"Theo and Blaise, you need to get yourselves and the girls to my aunts house. I gave you the port key and she is aware that you're coming." Draco says. He avoids looking at me while he speaks.

"Yeah, we're ready to go whenever you say to go." Theo says, giving me a sad expression.

"Why are we leaving?" Pansy asks but no one answers her.

"You did it?" I ask. "It's happening tonight?" Draco turns to me and nods his head.

"I don't want to leave you here..." I say but he shakes his head.

"You have to promise me you'll leave with Theo and Blaise. I came up with a way to take them all to my Aunts house because I know you." He pauses. "It's not safe for you to be here when it happens."

"Are you coming to your Aunt's house.. after?"

"Y-yes." He says as he steps towards me and gently wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

"I don't want to leave you alone." I cry into his chest.

"I won't be alone." He says to try and make me feel better but it's not working.

"I'm technically a death eater, won't I be safe?" I ask.

Blaise lets out a small laugh and I turn around to see he's smirking.

"I knew she would say that." Blaise says proudly.

"Maya... I don't want you to see what I have to do. I don't want people to think you had something to do with this." He says but none of it matters to me.

I shake my head and turn to Theo who's already nodding.

"I'm not going with you, T." I say. "But you need to go and we'll meet up with you later."

Theo comes over to me and kisses my forehead.

"Told you, Malfoy." He says. "Be safe, Maya. See you in a bit?"

I nod and turn to Draco who's shaking his head at Theo. He knows it's no use arguing with me about this.

"Fine-"

I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. He's so tense and his eyes are dark. I can tell he's scared and if I'm being honest, I'm scared too. Terrified actually. I just know I can't leave him alone.