sixty one

Maya's POV
If i'm being honest about how I'm feeling. Terrified. This war means so many different things for so many people. For the muggle born students, it could mean the difference of life or death. For the pure bloods and even half bloods, it's freedom. Let's be realistic, none of us know what to expect if Voldemort wins. No one knows what he has planned. For Draco, it's freedom from his family. Same with Blaise and Theo and a lot of other Slytherins. For some, it's second chances in life. Whatever our reasons for fighting is, we all have one thing in common. We want to make sure Voldemort loses.

"Are you scared?" I ask my friends as we look around the school from the Astronomy tower. The barrier going up and so many staff and students taking their places to fight.

"I'm worried about my mother." Draco admits. "I don't want her to get hurt because of me."

"I'm sure she'll be okay. She's very smart." I say to try and make him feel better.

"I hope my mother isn't on the other side of this." Blaise says.

"Me too." Pansy adds.

"I think I already know mine are." Theo adds. "I just hope they kept Olivia out of it."

"I hope so too." I say. "I don't want her anywhere near this."

The five of us stood at the top of the astromoy tower and looked across the grounds.

"I haven't been up here for so long." I say.

"At least this time we're on the right side." Draco adds.

There was a long silence before we heard the door open and people come in. It was Fred and George and two other red haired boys.

"What the fuck are these people doing up here?" Percy shouts with his wand pointed at us. At me.

"They're on our side." Fred says. "Put your fucking wand down."

"Check their arms. I bet there's a dark mark on all five of them." Percy spat, sending me a death glare.

"Doesn't mean they haven't decided what side they want to fight for." George jumps in.

"How do we trust them?" Bill asks. "I heard Ron talking about Maya with mum. She has the mark, doesn't she?"

"I trust her." Fred says. "I trust them."

"Yeah but we all know the history there, brother." Percy says. His wand still pointed at me.

"Percy, lower your fucking wand." George snaps.

"We can trust them." Fred says to Bill. "And if you don't trust them, trust me."

"Lower your wand, Percy." Bill says. Percy hesitated for a moment but lowered his wand and stormed back down the stairs.

"It's good to see you Maya." Bill says. "I should go make sure Percy doesn't do something stupid. He's hot headed, but please take care of yourself." Bill says before making his way down the stairs to follow his brother.

"Is Charlie here too?" I ask the twins and they nod.

"He's down stairs with dad." George says. "Mums here too."