twenty

I woke up early the next morning, headed down stairs and began making breakfast for everyone. Not long after I was down stairs, Theo joins me and the two of us start decorating the house with Christmas lights as we listen to some Christmas music. Malfoy and Olivia were still sleeping which I'm happy about because then we can surprise me with the house decorated and breakfast made.

"So you and Malfoy seem to be getting along now." Theo says as he hangs some lights on the railing.

"I guess so." I say, I do not want to have this conversation right now.

"Did something happen?" he asks.

"No not really. He told you I've been sitting with him sometimes while he works in the room of requirements. I guess he just got used to me being around." I say.

"Yeah but you convinced him to help decorate the Christmas tree and do the hot chocolate toast thing with us." Theo pauses for a second, "I've never seen him listen to anyone who's tried to tell him what to do before."

"Really?" I pause. "Well you know me, I'm stubborn and don't give up."

"That's for sure." He jokes as we move to the living room to put some lights up.

"If you've been sitting with him in the room of requirements... does that mean he told you why he's there...?"

"Parts of it but not the full story."

"What parts...?"

"I know about the mark, T." He widens his eyes and looks away for a moment.

"And you aren't scared of him or mad at him...?"

"No." I say without even pausing. "It's not his fault."

"You know.. you'd be really good for him." He admits.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"He doesn't have anyone like you. Someone who's fiercely loyal and who genuinely cares."

"He has you and Blaise."

"It's not the same Maya. We're his friends but I mean someone he would listen to when it really came down to it."

"I guess.. but he's so hot and cold."

"I know but you're already making a difference on him. He's here and actually looks like he's enjoying himself."

"I noticed that too." I say with a smile.

"Look, Malfoy is one of my best friends and he's great but promise me that you'll be careful." Theo says.

"T..."

"Just promise me Maya. You're my best friend, you're my sister and I won't be able to handle it if anything happens to you."

"I promise, T." I say and he shoots me a smile before we were interrupted by footsteps.

"Sounds like someone's up." I say as we move into the kitchen to find Malfoy looking around.

"Good morning sleepy head." I joke.

"What the fuck happened in here?" He asks, looking around.

"Christmas." Theo says.

"Yeah, it threw up all over the place." he says as he turns to face me. "You did this?"

"Mhm."

"I knew you loved Christmas but I didn't think you were crazy about it."

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I smirk. He shakes his head and smiles before sitting down at the breakfast table.

"Oh here comes Olivia." Theo says as Liv comes down the stairs.