sixty seven

Maya's POV
"I have to go down and change my last name legally but you kids go home. I'll be there later." Narcissa says to us as we head out of the room.

"Mother, are you okay?" Draco asks her.

"Yes, I am okay Draco. I just don't want to have his last name any longer." She says. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Draco says. "I'll see you later then?"

"Yes, I'll be home as soon as I'm done." Narcissa says before walking off and leaving us all alone.

"I don't know whether to say congratulations or I'm sorry." Harry says to Draco.

Draco and Blaise both laugh and Theo pats Harry on the back.

"Don't worry about it, Potter." Draco begins. "We're going back to the manor to party so it's most definitely congratulations."

"Ah." Harry says. "Well, you guys have fun celebrating your win."

"Why don't you join us?" Draco blurts out.

I'm sorry, what?

Theo turns around fast and looks at Draco, Blaise looks like he's waiting for the insult and Harry and Hermione look shocked.

"Uh- yeah okay."

"Granger, you're more than welcome to come and get drunk with us." Draco continues. "I promise you'll be safe there."

She looks to Theo who is holding her hand and then back to Draco.

"I'm in." She says softly.

"Just like old times by the lake then." I joke.

"Except now we have two thirds of the golden trio." Blaise adds.

"Hermione... I don't think it's a good idea to go there." Ron starts. "His family has hurt you enough."

"She said she's in, Weasel. Leave her alone." I snap.

"Whatever spell you got my two friends on, I demand you let them go." Ron snaps.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I snap. "Why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't trust you." Ron says. "Just because you decide to switch sides last minute to save your own asses, doesn't mean everyone should like you all of a sudden."

"How fucking stupid are you?" Theo snaps. "I mean, I've met your siblings and they don't seem this dumb."

"Just leave it, T."

"No, Maya don't do that." Theo says. "Don't let him speak to you like that. You don't always have to just let people treat you like that."

"T-"

"He's right, Maya." Harry spoke up. "Ron, she's my sister... you have to understand that I want her in my life."

"It never bothered you before." Ron says.

"And that's my fault but I'm not going to miss out on my second chance."

"Granger, you are more than welcome to come." Draco repeats. "Because you're one of us."

Hermione smiles and nods at Draco.

"Harry, do you mind going to the burrow and inviting the twins and Ginny." I ask.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the Malfoy manor?"

I nod and Harry and Ron both apperate to the Burrow to get the others.

"I'm not going to get used to Harry standing up for me." I joke and everyone laughs.

"It's weird to hear." Theo adds. "But I say it's about fucking time."