Chapter 23

I woke up to a lot of loud clattering. Someone cursed and there was a loud thud, followed by more curses. And every single sound made my head throb.

“What the hell?” I whispered, wincing as even that amount of sound sent pain shooting through my head.

“Awh, look who’s awake,” a familiar, deep voice said. “Had a fun night last night?”

“Shut up,” I hissed. “My head hurts.”

“Yeah. That’s a hangover.”

“It sucks,” I stated, opening my eyes and looking up at him through a squint. “And turn the damn lights off.”

“They are off,” Harry chuckled, running a hand through his hair. “The curtains are drawn too, it’s actually quite dark in here for being one o’clock in the afternoon.”

“Well, whatever. My head still hurts, so shut up and leave me be.”

“Can’t. Liam told me to keep you awake once you got up. Hangovers do suck though, don’t they?” he mused. “Must be nature’s way of restoring the balance since you have so much fun drunk, you have to be miserable for an equal or greater amount of time.”

“Shut. Up,” I whined, burying my face deeper in the pillow.

“No can do, love. Come on, I’ll get you some advil and pin the curtains down tighter so less light comes in.”

I sat up reluctantly as he began rummaging through the cupboards pulling out a box of thumbtacks, a bottle of advil, and pouring me a glass of water. He handed me the bottle and the glass, saying, “Take three of these right now. You can have more later if they don’t help.”

I merely grunted unenthusiastically and threw three of them into the back of my throat and drinking my water. Harry laughed softly and sat down next to me on the bed, chuckling more as the movement sent another shooting pain through my skull. He leaned towards the window and tugged the curtain down so it was flat to the wall, blocking out the majority of the rays of light that were peeking through and securing it with a push pin. He then stood up and did the same to the other windows on the bus.

“Now come sit,” he patted the seat next to him on the couch. “Get used to moving and speaking, because you have an interview tonight.”

“What?” I whimpered, sitting next to him. “I don’t wanna interview with anyone.”

“I know how you feel,” he patted my head and I growled. “You also have to tell me about all the fun you had last night.”

Speaking of last night… I looked down at my clothes and let out a yelp, immediately regretting it when my head throbbed. “I was wearing a dress when I left, how the hell am I in my pajamas now?” I shot him a nasty glare.

“It wasn’t me!” he immediately raised his hands in a defensive manner. “I promise!”

“Then how?”

“Well, when you stumbled in drunk off your ass at three-thirty in the morning, waking all of us up, might I add, Louis and Liam took the responsibility of calming you down and getting you changed into some reasonable sleeping clothes. You passed out once Louis got you to lay down. After asking him to sing you a lullaby,” he snickered. “You are a hilarious drunk, remind me to be the one to get you wasted next time.”

“Shut up.” I hit his arm. “If this is the aftermath, I’m never doing that again.”

“Well, I need to hear everything.” Harry turned on his hip and sat facing me. “Come on, girlfriend, tell Hazzabear what happened last night, guuurrrlll, I need ta know!” he did a bad, preppy American teenage girl impersonation.