Chapter 15

“Louis! I told you I liked her! Why would you do this to me?” someone was shouting with an accent so thick I could barely understand him.

While I was trying to sleep.

“You ‘like’ her? So that’s why you went out and got a girlfriend?” Louis snarled back, viciously. The fun-loving, ever cheery Louis sounded downright scary.

I kept my eyes closed, staying in the uncomfortable position against a wall I had been left in, not particularly wanting to get involved in this argument.

“I-I don’t… management…” the Irish lad was choking out.

“You don’t understand? Management advised you not to date her, to not even think about it?” Louis mocked. “Niall, you always have a choice. At least if you wanted to date her so badly, you wouldn’t have gone out and started dating a fan. You could have chased her. Even if she said no because management advised her as well, you’d know that you like each other. But now you’ve got a girlfriend.”

“I really like both of them,” Niall whimpered. “What should I do, boobear?”

“Pick one,” Louis snapped. “You can’t have both.”

“I… I know. I really do like my girlfriend and I’d like to get to know her better, I think,” Niall said determinedly. “This is a relationship that has a chance of succeeding without management screwing it up.”

“Then get out.”

“What?” I could just imagine the look on poor Niall’s face at the short tone in his friend’s voice.

“You heard me. Leave. You’re really not welcome here after screwing with Abriella’s emotions like that. I told her what you told me to tell her, that you liked her, wanted to date her. Now you’ve gone and broken her heart and thrown everything away. All for some girl you’ve just met? Get out, before I call security,” the Doncaster boy growled.

“O…okay… tell Aby I’m sorry, okay?” Niall asked.

“Whatever.”

I heard footsteps retreating and the ding of the elevator followed by the sound of a fist on glass. Louis began cursing under his breath before slowly sliding down the wall next to me and shifting my head back to his shoulder.

I shifted slowly and yawned to make it look like I’d just woken up. “Louis?”

“Yeah, babe?”

“You stayed?”

“Of course I did. Honestly, it wasn’t exactly for selfless reasons,” he chuckled. “I need the company as much as you do.”

“Mhmm,” I murmured, still thinking about why Louis had gotten so worked up about Niall being here. “Lou?”