Chapter 30

• Dedicated to All of my Lovely Readers... That Means You!

“So, how have things been over there?” My mom asked. “Has it calmed down since the whole Emily ordeal?”

“Yeah,” I replied with a grin. A laptop had arrived in the hospital for my mom and we still didn’t know who sent it. I had my suspicions though. A nurse had helped my mom set up Skype and we’d had Skype dates every Friday at noon her time, regardless of what time it was where I was, unless I had an interview or something, in which case we just rescheduled the time.  So my mom and I were able to keep in contact way easier and as a result, she knew about Emily.

Of course, she felt terrible for encouraging my relationship with her as long as she did,  but I made sure she knew that it wasn’t her fault. We were all tricked.

“I finally told the boys I forgave them on Sunday,” I laughed. After a full month of them groveling, buying me presents for both no apparent reason and, of course, Christmas, as well as complimenting me thoroughly and promoting my album, Enchanted, on televised interviews, I’d finally begun to feel guilty and told them I forgave them.

I left out the part that I’d actually forgiven them three weeks earlier.

Liam was single for about two weeks, after Danielle got tired of not seeing him and broke up with him, claiming she wanted to date someone who wasn’t gone all the time. Of course, after crying on mine and El’s shoulder for the entire second week she finally got back together with him when we threatened not to answer her phone calls anymore because we were tired of hearing her sob and complain. They’ve been as happy as can be ever since.

Zayn still felt awful about the things he said about me, although he never said anything truly horrible to my face he said that there were numerous things he told the boys that he didn’t want to repeat. Even though I forgave him five days ago, he gave me a gorgeous charm bracelet today and filled my car up with gas. But hey, I’m not complaining.

Yes, my car. I can’t drive it yet, but Harry’s teaching me. Jerry’s not so sure he ought to be teaching me, apparently he doesn’t think there will be much driving going on, but he clearly doesn’t know anything.

Harry has been hanging out with Taylor Swift a lot recently. They were becoming close friends, but of course that led to rumors of a connection of the romantic sort. It didn’t help when Taylor kissed him at Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve, confirming to him that she really did want a romantic relationship. Harry tried to explain that he wasn’t looking to date her, but that didn’t work, so he put an end to that nonsense real quickly after that.

Riley and Josh dated briefly in the past month, but broke up because they’re both absolutely insane, just in completely different ways. I knew it wouldn’t last, as completely unsupportive as that sounds. I’m still crashing at her place, because even though I’ve forgiven everyone, living with Ri is just way to fun to give up. Plus, I turn eighteen in two months, I can’t be living at home forever.

Louis’ my best friend again. I live with Riley, which is crazy, but Louis and I go on these nuts adventures throughout the city. It usually ends up with us running away from fans and hiding in someone’s pool, but it’s perfect. Until he sided with Emily, I didn’t really realize how much I loved him, as a best friend of course. Now that I have him back on my side, I’m not sure things could be any better.