Chapter 6

Jerry pretty much insisted on dressing me all up for the bonfire tonight. He had me wearing some of the new clothes that he bought me, which were actually not that bad and comfortable. He stuck me in a pair of ripped jeans, a white flowing tank top, and laced flats. He also gave me a necklace with just a bunch of feathers on it to match. He curled my hair so that it was curly yet wavy, and did my make-up in natural colors and stuck a flower in my hair.

“So, are you singing the new song you wrote?” Jerry asked me as it was his turn to get ready. I raised my brow at him. “Its tradition, at every fire we have we sing. All of the boys are gonna sing something, and the girls even get into it as well. I sing sometimes too. Your dad does stuff on occasion. Justine sings with the boys. We all sing.”

“Well, yeah. I’m singing my new song. Dad wants me to because he wants me to tell Niall how I feel. He claims that Niall will understand what I mean when I sing the song. He saw the way he looked at me and how we acted the other day.” I explained to Jerry.

“Since when is your father the romance genius?” Jerry asked, buttoning up his shirt. I shrugged my shoulders. “But then again, it doesn’t take a genius to see that you two like each other. Oh yeah, were you able to come to that conclusion?” he asked me. I scoffed.

“I was... kinda. I wouldn’t say I’m falling for him, but I do like him. A lot at this point,” I quieted down because I could hear people coming up the steps and down the hall. My door opened to see Eleanor and Danielle standing there.

“Helllllo!” Danielle said enthusiastically while she walked in and sat next to me, Eleanor copying her.

“Hey ladies,” Jerry said, making sure that he looked good enough. I rolled my eyes how much he was trying to be nice, but then again, he made me nice.

“Well, Abriella. You’re awfully dressed up for a campfire. Did Jerry attack you, or are you trying to impress a boy whose name rhymes with Kyle?” Eleanor asked me.

“Both,” Jerry said happily, proud of his creation.

“Okay, I am not trying to impress Niall. This was all Jerry’s idea to get me dolled up for this. There’s gonna be food, right?” I asked. Everybody laughed as they nodded yes next to me. “Good, I’m starving. I’m gonna go downstairs,” I said, getting up and grabbing my guitar before I walked downstairs into the kitchen. Justine was mildly prettied out, too. Niall was sitting at the island, eating. I knew he’d be here. When he saw me his mouth dropped open, luckily he had just finished chewing because there was no food in his mouth.

“Well, don’t you look fancy? Jerry got to you? Niall honey, close your mouth, you’ll catch flies.” Justine said. Niall turned beat red and closed his mouth.

“Yeah, he did. Hi, Niall,” I said, sitting down next to him. I reached over and picked out once of his chips, and he was still just staring at me.

“Did my eyes deceive me? Or did Niall just let her take one of his crisps? He shared,” Harry said in the arc way. I rolled my eyes as I took another. “LIAM! THERE’S SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH NIALL!” Harry ran off, screaming. I rolled my eyes at him.