Chapter 21

Please read the A/N at the end, it's a bit long but it's important... in my opinion. It's got stuff I want you all to know :)

Niall’s POV

Louis came storming into the dressing room looking like someone had just kicked his puppy.

“Hey mate, what’s wrong?” I asked him, popping a mint into my mouth.

“Abriella,” he groaned.

“What about her?”

“Just… everything. One minute she’s my best friend and we’re laughing and pranking each other, the next minute she’s avoiding me, then she’s kissing me, then she doesn’t even want to talk to me. I don’t understand.” He slammed his head into his hands, burying his face and shaking his head.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” I sputtered. “Back up there, mister. You kissed her? When the hell did this happen?”

“About three hours ago,” he muttered. “At first we were fine, Liam interrupted us, but she agreed to dinner tonight, but about five minutes, she wouldn’t even let me touch her. What do I do?”

My blood burned and my cheeks heated up. I wanted desperately to tell Louis to ignore her back, to not touch her, not even to look at her. He kissed Abriella? My Abriella?

Except she’s not yours, a little voice whispered in my head. You have Emily. A girl who loves you very much and is Abriella’s best friend. Get over Abriella. Louis and her would be happy together, you’ve seen the way they get on.

I sighed. Emily was a sweetheart and I did love her. I had no reason to be jealous. It must just be residual feelings. Right. Left over from when I kissed Abriella months ago.

“Talk to her, Louis. Find out what’s wrong,” I forced out as I popped the last mint into my mouth and automatically reached over for a bag of crisps. My hand found a bag and I glanced at it before ripping it open voraciously. Barbeque. Yum.

He nodded before turning around and walking purposefully out the door.

Well now, why’d you do that? Now you have no chance with Abriella, because Louis’ gonna snag her!

He deserves her. Besides, I have Emily.

Speak of the devil, or well, the angel in this case, and she shall appear! I let a broad grin split my face as my beautiful girlfriend bounced in the room.

“Hey, babe,” she purred. “How are you this fine day?”

“Great, yourself?”

“Wonderful, although I do wish you’d eat less crisps. I know you’re constantly working out being on stage all the time, but soon you’ll be on break and if you keep eating the way you are now, you’ll get out of shape. We don’t want that, now do we?” she finished, her eyebrows knitted together in concern.