Chapter 25

I woke up in a great mood. Then I remembered Emily’s audition was today and I promptly slapped the pillow over my head and groaned. Perhaps I could just sleep all day today. Maybe they’d forget about me and not make me come along.

“Abriella, wake up! We’re leaving in one hour!” Louis hollered through my door.

Of course they wouldn’t.

I groaned again and pulled myself out of bed, shuffling to my shower and cranking on the hot water. Today was a lazy day, I decided, scrubbing myself quickly and washing my hair. I wrapped it in a towel and piled it on top of my head, so I could get dressed.

Lazy day. I tugged on some comfy yoga pants with a long, flowing green top that reached my mid-thigh. Then I pulled my hair out of the towel and put it up in a messy ponytail.

“TEN MINUTES!” Harry screamed through my door. I just sighed in return and applied my mascara and blush. Tucking my clear lip gloss into my bag, I walked out of my room with three minutes to spare.

“Let’s go,” I sighed.

“Um, well, Emily’s not ready yet. But pay up, mate!” Louis said awkwardly, nudging Harry.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“I thought you’d ask for more time,” Harry explained.

“Oh.”

“TWO MINUTES!” Zayn yelled up the stairs at Emily.

“If I have two minutes,” I jogged back up the stairs and grabbed a watch as well as put on a necklace. There. Now I looked like it was slightly less of a lazy day.

“TIME!” Niall called just as I reached them again.

“I need more time,” Emily whined as she appeared at the top of the stairs. “I need to do my makeup.”

“You’ll have time once you get there, you’re not going on immediately,” I replied exasperatedly. “Do it there.”

“Fine,” she huffed.

We all clambered into two separate taxis and made our way there. When we arrived, security escorted us in through the back, all the way to the waiting room. Emily was given a number and she stuck it to her pants leg. Then she sat down at a mirror and began to apply more makeup.

“Done,” she breathed, almost an hour later.

“My lord, have you got enough make up on there?” I muttered under my breath.

“Love the natural look, babe,” Niall kissed her forehead.

“Natural look?!” That one I said loud enough for all to hear me.