Chapter 22

Talentless. Useless. Worthless. Only here because of my father. Emily was pretty and it was clear that all the other boys liked her because of her, not her father.

My phone rang as I laid my head down on my arms, so I set it between my forearm and my ear. “Hello?” I asked, less than enthused to talk to anyone right now.

“Aby? I-it’s Eleanor.”

“Hey, El. Are you alright? You sound like you’ve been crying,” I sat bolt upright. “Do you need help? Should I call someone to find you?”

“Calm down, Abriella. Gosh, you sound like you’re about to send your American CIA after me or something,” she chuckled sadly. “I’ve just been… thinking. About Louis.”

“Yeah?”

“I miss him, so much,” she said, breaking down crying again.

“Babe, don’t cry,” I sighed into the phone. “Did you cheat on him?”

“No,” she sniffed.

“Have you moved on?”

“Obviously not,” she replied.

“What about your tweets?” I inquired curiously.

“Lies, all of them. I was wrong and I’ve not met anyone yet,” she whimpered.

“Tell him that,” I sighed exasperatedly. “Tell him whatever you’re feeling. Don’t worry about making it sound pretty or elegant. Just kind of let it all out. Louis will forgive you. If I’m honest, I don’t think he’s over you either. I’m pretty sure he still loves you.” I smiled slightly.

“Y-you’re right. I should tell him everything. Hopefully he’ll take me back,” she said worriedly.

“He will. You’re awesome and amazing and super gorgeous. There’s a reason he fell for you in the first place, and I’m sure he remembers it.”

“Awh, Abriella. You’re so sweet,” I could tell she was smiling, even over the phone. “You’re probably the best friend a girl could ask for. Dani, she told me, and I quote, to ‘Move on from the immature little boy already.’”

I laughed. I could totally imagine Dani saying that. Not in a rude way, of course, but because she wasn’t really one to give second chances or to expect second chances.

“But you’re right,” her voice took on a note of determination. “I will. I’ll call him right now. Later I’ll tell you how it goes. If you don’t hear from Louis first.”

“Mmkay. Buh-bye, El,” I mumbled, laying my head back down slowly.

“Bye, Aby. Thanks again!” The line went dead with a click.

I went through the motions that night, pretending like everything was okay for my fans. The final show was in three days, then I could go curl up in my room with a tub of Ben&Jerry’s and isolate myself from the world like I wanted to.

Right now, I was stuck with second best of curling up on the couch in the tour bus while watching reruns of NCIS. I sat up straight as the boys walked on. Minus Niall. And Emily.

“Where’s Niall and Emily?” I mumbled to them.

“Out,” Zayn said with a hint of amusement in his voice. “I think they rented a hotel room, finally took our advice, eh?” He nudged Harry, who chuckled.

I mentally groaned. Just what I needed, to know that Niall and Emily were alone. In a hotel room.

“These American crowds are so energetic. I’m knackered,” Liam sighed, climbing into his bunk. “See you in the morning?”