Chapter 20

“OH GOD, MY EYES!” we fell back from each other and snapped our head around to the door as we heard Liam’s shriek. “I leave you two alone in a room to sort out your best-friend problems, come to check on you because there’s no sound coming from this room and I want to know if I should call the police to investigate a homicide, and this is what I see?”

His eyes were wide, unblinking. “LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON! If you are using poor Abriella to get over Eleanor, I will strangle you in your sleep. How long as this been happening?”

“Gosh, Liam, don’t get all worked up over it. It’s not like you walked in on us having sex,” Louis casually rolled his eyes and brushed past Liam on his way out.

“Abriella? Care to answer my question?” Liam asked angrily.

“Actually, Liam, no. It’s none of your business,” I said shortly, adding a wink so he’d know I wasn’t really angry with him although he was annoying me with his over-protective brother act.

I skipped down the stairs and clambered onto the bus where Niall was munching on a bag of chips. Emily was clinging to his arm and I noticed her grip tighten when I stepped into view.

“Hey, Niall, could I talk to you? Alone?” I added with a glance at Emily.

“Course,” he replied, gently removing his arm from her grasp.

“So, we’re in Florida,” I said with a grin. “Remember, you were gonna take me to DisneyWorld since I still can’t afford it?”

“Erm, yeah… well… actually… Emily wanted me to take her,” he said sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

“Oh… well… that’s fine, she can come with!” I smiled. “We’re friends and we always said that we wanted to do something awesome like this together.”

“Alone…” Niall said lamely, studying his shoes.

“Oh.”

I looked at Emily, who was gazing at Niall contentedly.

“Yeah, we’re going today,” he added awkwardly, still looking at the floor.

“You promised,” I hissed.

“Yeah, well, she’s my girlfriend,” he looked up at me sharply. “I want to make her happy, and if she doesn’t want to be around you, so be it.”

I stepped back. “Fine,” I shot at him. “I’ll get someone else to take me, someone who keeps his promises.”

I saw the hurt flash through his eyes, quickly replaced by anger as I stormed out of the bus, running smack into Louis’ chest and hitting the pavement.

“Ow,” I groaned.

“Sorry, babe. What’s wrong, everything okay?” he asked sweetly.