Chapter 19

Here's your promised update! Thank you so much for all your support! The same warning as last chapter applies to this one... MWAHAHAHA!

Ugh. Just ugh. What was supposed to be the greatest moment of my life up to this point, is now the most awkward. It wouldn’t be nearly as awkward if Emily and Niall could have a decent conversation with us without making out, but no. Why would they do that?

Ridiculous.

Like right now. We’d been talking about going and doing a surprise meet-and-greet in a Walmart, but before we’d even made plans on which Walmart, Emily started kissing him.

Ugh.

“Erm, guys? We were talking?” They ignored me. “Go get a room,” I muttered, before leaving to find Liam, Harry, or Zayn. Maybe they would talk to me for more than two minutes.

I hadn’t spoken extensively with Louis in two days. Ever since… the incident. Where I’d thought we were going to kiss and he’d just kissed my cheek and left. I didn’t know how I felt about that. I was partially disappointed, but also kind of… relieved?

The next morning, I’d returned the cleaned up necklace with a $20 bill and a note on where he could buy a new chain, since that had been totally trashed.

“Leeeeyuuum,” I whined, plopping down next to him.

“Yeah?” he replied, starely intensely at his phone.

“Liam, I’m bored!” I pouted.

“Find Harry. I’m busy.”

“What? You’re sitting on a couch, staring at your phone. Get off your ass and do something with me!”

He sighed.

“What’s wrong, Liam?”

“I haven’t heard from Danielle in a couple of days. I’m getting worried,” he explained, and I could see it in his eyes. He really was.

“Oh, Liam. You’re so sweet,” I hugged his arm. “She’s probably just busy.”

“Too busy to text me once in a while?”

I shrugged. “I’m not going to try to explain your Payzer issues. And I’m not going to sit around moping with you! I’m miserable already, can’t we just go have fun and pretend like nothing’s wrong?”

His eyes softened. “You still like Niall, don’t you?”

“No! Yes! Maybe, I don’t know. I’m so confused.” I sat back down next to him.

“Because he has a girlfriend now?”

“Because… well yes. And she happens to be my… friend. And also-” I stopped myself, putting a hand over my mouth.