Chapter 24

“This sucks,” I muttered to Louis, leaning back with my arms crossed.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Why is Emily trying to be a singer now? She’s never showed any interest in music before, in fact, I distinctly remember her telling me singing was a waste of time.”

“Well, it makes sense when you think about it. Now she’s surrounded by singers, maybe it’s inspired her.”

“I guess,” I grumbled. “I just don’t like it.”

Niall had phoned Simon on Emily’s behalf and he’d told her he was too busy right then with X-Factor auditions about to start. Our trip to New York had only been one day and nothing interesting happened aside from the performance. So now we were on a plane back to London.

And Emily was still with us.

What had started as her spending quality time with me while we traveled America had turned into her trying to steal away everything that I loved while trying to take over my life. Not only in America, but now she was flying back to England with us, making googly eyes at Niall the entire way.

“I don’t know how much more of that sickly sweetness I can handle,” Zayn murmured from behind me. “Do they know how to breathe?”

“How long is she staying?” I groaned.

“I think Simon said that she could sing for him at an X-Factor audition site. He doesn’t know which one yet, but it’s a good way for her to prove that she can handle herself in front of millions of people,” Liam chimed in.

“Great. So we don’t know how long we’ll have to deal with… that,” I shivered.

“Why don’t you like her?” Zayn asked me. “Thought she was your best friend.”

“I do like her,” I started slowly, “I just… don’t like their relationship.”

“Coz you’ve still got a crush?” Louis sang.

“Shut up.”

He settled back in his chair next to me, content with a smug expression on his face. Boy what I wouldn’t give to –

His chair suddenly reclined backwards, throwing him off balance and causing him to shriek like a girl, much to the amusement of the other lads and I.

Maybe I’m telekinetic.

Probably not.

He glared at me, and I stuck my tongue out at him. Louis huffed and then went off to sit with Liam.

What on earth did I do?

Zayn struck up a conversation with me, moving to replace Louis, and I sighed.