New Kid On The Block

The clouds rolled over the littered shores of Dagobah Municipal Beach Park.

Izuku thought it was fitting. Here he was, a useless piece of garbage, hiding amongst other garbage while his life was being clouded over. How fan-freaking-tastic. Then again, what else could he do? His mother was dead, there was a villain after his blood, and he had no allies to speak of. All he could do was hide and bide his time. Though, to be fair...

*grumble* His stomach was really making things difficult.

Eventually sighing in defeat, he rose up from the thrown out mattress he was using as a bed. He needed food, and the convenience store wasn't that far away. Besides, he had some emergency cash he managed to snag from his room before the villain eventually chased him out. It would be enough for some water, a few snacks. He'd have to get by on that for a few weeks. He pulled a hood over his head, and darted out of his hideout on the polluted beach.

...A Few Days Ago...

"Mom? I'm home...:"

It was meant to be a simple greeting, one that he had repeated time and time again. Kacchan had been more... volatile since he had been rescued from the slime villain. Then again, when had he not been volatile? It's like Kacchan had said, nothing Izuku did ever made a difference. Maybe he should give up on everything. Him being a hero? Talk about delusional... He opened the door, expecting his mom to be fretting over him.

Fate would not grant him such a pleasure...

...Present Day...

The cashier seemed disinterested in life as he handed Izuku his purchases.

A few bottles of water, some trail mix and chips, enough to last him a month at least. He muttered his thanks before scurrying out the door. He kept to the side walk, slinging his items over his shoulder. The breeze carried a slight chill with it as it flew across the street, making Izuku shiver slightly. He quickened his pace, occasionally looking over his shoulders. He's passing by an alley when...

...he hears a scream.

Against his better judgement, Izuku's body stopped and shifted towards the danger. There's a girl, about his age, being pinned against the alley wall by an older looking adolescent boy. She shivered in fear as her purple eyes shrunk beneath her long silky black hair. The adolescent's dagger-sharp teeth glinted in an evil snark as he pinned his victim using his razor sharp claws. His grey hood blocked his other features, while off to the side Izuku started to tremble.

He was charging forward before he even knew what was happening.

Izuku was trying to come up with a plan. One of the downsides of having "heroic" instincts is that they often don't wait for the brain to catch up. Think, think, what the heck could he- There was a decent sized rock at the side of the alley. He leaned towards that direction, scooped it up, and threw it at the assaulter. With any luck, the resulting blow will be enough for the girl to get away- The criminal claws it into dust with minimal effort.

Then he turned his attention towards Izuku.

...

Izuku can't move... he can't breathe, either.

He's quivering at the sickening sight before him. His mom is dead, lying in a pool of blood with a pale complexion and glassy eyes. Above her corpse is a figure covered in a simple black hood, with small metal blades the size of switchblades jutting out of it, while two large blades the size of katanas and covered in blood are coming from the top of his wrist. He hasn't noticed Izuku in spite of his entrance... yet.

That's all he needs to know before he sneaks elsewhere in the apartment.

Izuku can't stay here. As lovely as it would be to be done with life and hopefully see his mother on the other side, Izuku's survival instinct is stronger than he gave it credit for. He quickly darts into his room, searching for the essentials. A backpack he stored underneath his bed with a few changes of clothes, water, snacks, and some emergency money. Izuku's rations would only last a few days.