Cleaning Up The Horizon

Ochako yawned as she looked across the courtyard of the apartment complex.

It wasn't even sunrise yet, but she made a promise to Double Trouble. The blonde apparently had something important to tell her, but why she wanted to it at Dagobah of all places at this time of day was important. " I know it's a lot to ask, but... it's about L.C. That's all I can say right now... " Duo's words echoed in Ochako's ears. Lost Cause had gone through the trouble of helping her class at the training camp. The least she could do was visit his best friend and... maybe give her some closure.

Stifling another yawn, Ochako walked out the gate and onto the sidewalk.

She supposed the only good part about being up at this unnatural hour was the fact that barely anyone else in their right mind would. It was oddly peaceful as she made her way down the streets and towards the forgotten beach. In the few times she's been there, heaps upon heaps of trash greeting her view. There were times where she thought she saw movement along the beach, but she simply chalked it up to her overactive imagination. Her thoughts began to flow naturally, and she was at the beach before she knew it.

...she didn't know whether or not her jaw dropped, but she wouldn't blame herself if she had.

The trash on the beach was still present, but for some reason, multiple mounds of the stuff were gone. Vanished, as if they were nothing more than thin air. It wasn't much compared to the remaining garbage, but the two or three missing trash mountains that were missing were hard to not catch. Who had been doing this? Certainly not- "Uraraka! You made it!" Ochako turned her head to spot Duo, alongside...

"Midoriya!?"

Come to think of it, she hadn't seen the green haired teen since before she left for I-Island. What was he doing here of all places, and... why was he so sweaty? He gave a half hearted wave, likely because he looked like he was working halfway to death. "Heya... 'Raka..." he panted, gasping for breath. Ochako awkwardly waved back, still not certain of what exactly was going on. Duo simply giggled a bit, bringing her hand to her face.

"Dear God, you're both insufferably adorable!"

Izuku shot up in a second, his previous exhaustion forgotten and replaced with potent embarrassment. "D-D-Duo!" he sputtered, attempting to cover his face with his arms. Ochako resisted the urge to laugh, even if the situation was mildly embarrassing for herself. Her embarrassment could wait... "What are you doing here, Midoriya?" she asked him. Izuku blinked, before he began sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"Ah... well, uh... you see..."

Ochako caught Izuku's other hand moving to his pocket. It shuffled in the pocket for a bit, before pulling out an eerily familiar item: a black face mask. What's more, this face mask had an equally familiar white line smile. Ochako didn't know he was a Lost Cause fan. Then again, he hadn't expressed his opinions openly on the matter whenever it came up. The mask Izuku was holding was also quite worn, with a few small tears in the fabric, as well as some patches of earth.

... oh God, her friend was Lost Cause .

Everything suddenly clicked into place. Izuku's spontaneous visits. Shizento being so friendly with her during his time at U.A. Lost Cause casually knowing about some of her side hobbies (though that could have been an Izuku thing in general; the boy took a LOT of notes). That face mask had been the last piece of the puzzle, the last patch on the blanket. Sure, duplicates were a thing, a rarity before Lost Cause's death, but the one Izuku was holding was definitely a long time possession of his, and those earth marks were several days old.

Around the same time of the Kamino Ward attacks, actually.

Izuku didn't miss the spark of recognition in Ochako's eyes. "Figured it out already?" he remarked, fiddling with his face mask his in hands. Ochako snapped her eyes back up to Izuku, then back to the mask, then back to Izuku. She tried saying, but only bits and pieces of the words she wanted to say came out in an incoherent mess, her Kansai dialect not helping things. Her hand gestures were as wild as Tenya's, and her mind was just as scattered.