Shizento/Izuku Is The Cavalry

As Shizento experienced sheer euphoria and the vigilantes at Dagobah lost their minds, Mic announced the people that came after him.

“In second place, Shoto Todoroki, son of the Number Two Hero, Endeavor!” Shoto looked dismayed as he made it back into the arena, his expression deepening into a scowl after hearing Endeavor's name. “In third place, Katsuki Bakugo, first place in the U.A. entrance exam!” Katsuki looked ready to kill, his entire being shaking in fury. “In fourth place, Ibara Shiozaki from Class B!”

The vine haired girl entered the arena, followed by a slew of other students.

“OH MY GOD! ANOTHER SPORTS FESTIVAL FIRST! WE HAVE A 14-WAY TIE, LADIES AND GENTS!!!” Fourteen? , thought Shizento, coming out of his adrenaline high. “INDEED!” Mic continued, as if answering Shizento's question, “Juzo Honenuki! Tenya Iida! Fumikage Tokoyami!” A boy with exposed teeth cheered, while Tenya slouched in shame, and Fumikage stood assured of himself. “Eijiro Kirishima! Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu! Ojiro Mashirao!”

While the first two boys growled over their similarities, Ojiro sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

“Yosetsu Awase! Tsuyu Asui! Mezo Shoji!” A boy from Class B with a headband pumped his fist in victory, while Tsuyu and Mezo shared a high five. “Rikido Sato! Ochako Uraraka! Momo Yaoyorozu! And from the Support Course, Fuyasuka Mittsukai!!!” Rikido got congratulated by a strong pat on the back from Eijiro, while the three girls celebrated off to the side. “You got in, Fuyasuka!” Ochako cheered. “Congratulations. You deserve it, Mittsukai,” Momo congratulated with a soft smile.

“Thanks girls,” Fuyasuka agreed, “Now if you'll excuse me, I need to have a little chat with your resident suicide man…”

Shizento ran away from Fuyasuka while Present Mic called the other competitors. A majority of them were from the Hero Course. There was this one Gen-Ed kid in 27th place named Hitoshi Shinsou. He had wild purple hair, and his equally purple eyes with bags underneath made him look dead inside. There was also a girl in 41st place from the Support Course named Mei Hatsume. She had pink dreadlocks and target-looking yellow eyes, and was apparently Fuyasuka's rival. “In 42nd place, Yuga Aoyama!”

Poor Yuga… he must have overused his quirk from the way he grimaced and held his stomach, but he was still smiling… or trying to.

“And in 43rd place, Minoru Mineta!” The girls in the general vicinity paled upon hearing that name, while Minoru cheered with joy, noticeably covered in cuts, smoke, and bruises. Fuyasuka even finished her little game of cat and mouse with Shizento. “Unfortunately,” Midnight interrupted, standing upon her stage, “the next event will only include the first 42 finishers! Sorry, Mineta, but you and everyone else behind you have been eliminated from the festival!”

Minoru blanked for a second, before crumbling to his knees, sobbing in despair.

“Better luck next year buddy,” Denki tried to comfort him, to little effect. The girls and several other students cheered in the background, but no one was certain if it was for themselves or for Minrou's elimination. “Alright, gather around, students!!!” Midnight called, rallying the qualifiers. Shizento stood front and center alongside the other U.A. students, pride still fluttering in his chest. “Now to announce the next event!” Midnight announced, pointing to the jumbotron in the arena.

It spun across several icons, eventually landing on…

“ CALVARY BATTLE!” Midnight announced with fire, “A merciless chicken fight with teams of two to four!” She turned to the jumbotron again, displaying a scoreboard. “The objective is to get as many points as possible by stealing headbands from other teams! Point allocation goes as follows! Last place gets 5 points!” “Merci!” Yuga cried, still hugging himself. “The place before gets 10 points!” Mei grumbled, before her eyes landed on Shizento. “Every place before that gets an additional 5 points! Except for first place…”