I'm Not Enough...

The portal vanished without another word, and silence dominated the woods.

Izuku’s hand was still outstretched, his entire body seemingly stiff and catatonic. “Ragdoll’s” last words kept replaying in his head. Ragdoll had been Himiko the whole time. That meant the Ragdoll they brought back to the campsite was the real deal. “D-duo…” Izuku clutched his head in frustration, falling to his knees. This couldn’t be- this wasn’t happening. Himiko wouldn’t… she didn’t… she knew the risks! ...and so did he. And he ignored them. Every. Freaking. Time.

“ GOOOOOOODDAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! ”

Dabi was pacing on the beach, more agitated than usual.

Himiko and Izuku had practically vanished into thin air for the past couple of days. It was supposed to be a routine patrol that night, and nothing seemed a miss. After four days, that was clearly not the case. To make matters worse, Himiko sent a distress signal that night, but it was quickly put out… before going off AGAIN a few hours later, much to Chiryuka's annoyance. The weird thing was that the signal should was coming from a privately owned reser-

* CLANG BANG CLANG! *

...and now something was banging against the hideout. Fantastic . Dabi groaned in frustration as he jogged back to the mounds of trash, but he stopped when he saw… “Izuku!?” The vigilante in question was currently bashing the hideout doors with one of his arms (his left arm was completely motionless for some reason). Upon hearing Dabi’s voice, Izuku whipped his head behind him a bit too fast for comfort. Now that Dabi got a good look at him, Izuku didn’t look to good.

“Izuku, what the hell happened? Where’s Himiko?”
Something snapped, and Izuku just fell on his butt and bursted into sobs. Dabi recoiled at the sight he was definitely not expecting. He awkwardly shuffled next to Izuku, who at this point was spouting something incoherent and somewhat drowned by the sobs. Dabi wrapped an arm around him, slowly pulling him close. The crying started to die down as time went on. It was enough to where Dabi could make out the last sentence.

“...villains,” Izuku choked as Dabi’s blood ran cold, “Villains took… Himiko.”

...Somewhere Around Kamino Ward…

Domimi tapped her foot impatiently in a corner of the bar, recalling previous events.

“Such a shame…” Mr. Compress sighed, “I wish we could have pulled Bakugo into our hat before we had to disappear.” “Chill Compress,” Domimi shot, carrying the unconscious form of Ragdoll in her arms, “At least we got something this ‘Sensei’ wanted.” Once the villains were settled back in their hideout, Kurogiri properly materialized in his tuxedo. Tomura didn’t look all that happy. “There were… unforeseen obstacles on the level?” he asked.

“Unfortunately,” Magne groaned, “Those hero course cuties are too stubborn…”
“Damn hero brats…” Tomura grumbled, scratching at his neck in agitation. The Bakugo brat would have made the perfect party member… all of his stats were excellent, and he had just the right personality type, too. “At least we got the boss’ request,” Domimi replied, gesturing to Ragdoll. Tomura paused, before nodding slowly. “Yes… it’s for the best that at least Sensei gets what he needs.” Tomura turned towards Kurogiri.

“I’ll be back,” Kurogiri stated simply, warping away with Ragdoll in tow.

Something about the whole thing didn’t sit right with Domimi. Pro Heroes could suffer for all she cared, but all the hoops they had to jump through just to kidnap one person was off putting. Lost Cause showing up out of nowhere didn’t help in the slightest. “Water, Yuseina,” Immovable announced, passing her associate a cup. Domimi took it without hesitation, downing the entire thing within seconds. “Thanks, Baria. Yo, Kurogiri,” Domimi called out, throwing her cup at the bartender’s direction.