...But We Will Save You

...Moments Earlier, Elsewhere...

Momo struggles to find a foothold amongst the morphing maze.

It was already chaos as is. They weren't even that far into the building when they were ambushed by three dangerous yakuza. Members of Overhaul's Eight Expendables, if she remembered the briefing pages correctly. Suneater had decided to handle them, but as the remaining group rushed down the halls, Eraserhead was nearly smothered into the wall. Fatgum (and Eijiro, she would later find out), had taken the brunt of that attack, getting cut off from the rest of the group.

To make matters worse, whoever was in the walls had somehow gotten very pissed.

If Momo had to guess, it was the work of that masked villain always talking to himself. Sir had engaged in a brief skirmish with him, tearing off his mask before he managed to make a getaway. Not even a minute later, and the walls seemed to be screaming bloody murder. Their bloody murder, which didn't make things any better.

Not that any murder ever did.

Momo gasped for air as she narrowly avoided getting crushed under another column of rock. The yakuza responsible was still hiding in the walls, creating death traps around every corner. The other yakuza had immediately fled the scene, leaving the remaining Pro Heroes, the police, and the masked villain, though how he was still alive was up in the air. Rock Lock couldn't get a good grip against the walls, and Eraserhead couldn't see the wall dweller, so he couldn't nullify his Quirk.

Momo steadied herself, grabbing her utility belt; how were they going to get out of this one?

"You yakuza bastards are all the same! Maybe not all of ya, but you still suck!" And now the masked villain was taunting their would be murderer. Fantastic. Said villain nimbly jumped out of the way of several spiked stone poles. "How come you can't land a hit on me? You were really close, keep it up!" The masked man continued darting all over the uneven landscape... and then he stopped. His face (or what Momo could make of it as she continued to dodge columns herself) lost its over eager edge. The masked villain looked directly at the center of the ceiling.

"You know, we may be villains, but at least we don't look down on people from above..."

Momo followed the direction of his gaze, landing on the dark center of the ceiling. Realizing that's where her target was located, she immediately downed some of her rations, generating a pair of springs. She boosted herself into the air, focusing on her next creation. A large metal cylinder with a handle and a trigger formed, an exposed nose cone shining at the top. Once she was high enough, she carefully aimed the rocket launcher at the dark center. She could see the whites of the yakuza's eyes.

With a calm exhale, she steadied her aim... and pulled the trigger.

She recoiled back as the rocket soared true, heading directly on target. A bright explosion rocked the room, and Momo generated shields to protect herself from the debris. She could hear a grunt of frustration as she created a trampoline to soften her fall, catching sight of Eraserhead neutralizing their foe. A big, burly man began to fall from the cracks... he didn't seem to be awake.

Seeing her cue, Momo threw a mattress where the villain would fall, cushioning his landing as he laid unconscious.

"Hey! Where'd the villain go?" Rock Lock exclaimed. Said villain had vanished into thin air amidst the chaos, to the heroes' chagrin.

"Leave him," Eraserhead advised as he restrained Mimic, "He's not our priority at the moment. We still have to find Eri." There was a pause, but Rock Lock nodded. He began to turn, but stopped himself, looking over towards Momo. He put his hand behind his head.