Redeem The Broken

...3 Months Later...

He's digging through his beach's garbage when he hears the shuffling.

Cautiously, he put his hood over his head, grabbing an old switchblade from his pocket, his wooden staff by his side. He approached slowly, peeking his head past one of the garbage mounds. There are two people there: one is a girl a bit shorter than Izuku, with fair skin, short blue hair reaching to just above the shoulders, but her eyes were hidden by a pair of black safety-goggles she wore.

And the boy next to her... oh damn...

Easily 6'6" from the looks of it. Short grey hair, if one didn't count the shaggy bangs covering his face above the nose. Even though the duo were wearing concealing hoodies and sweatpants, Izuku could practically sense the boy's freakish musculature. Izuku needed to choose his next steps very carefull- * SNAP * The intruders suddenly snapped their heads upwards; Izuku looks down and sees a rotting piece of wood broken in two beneath his foot.

Well isn't this just fine and dandy!

Without even thinking, Izuku plants his staff into the ground, propelling himself upward just before a blur charges towards his general direction, taking out everything in his path. When he's back on the ground, he runs, but he doesn't get far before the blur crashes into him, sending him tumbling into a trash pile. Some cans clunked onto his head as he grunted in annoyance. The girl is already charging at him with what appears to be... a gun!?

Izuku's mind goes on autopilot; the world blurs, and suddenly, his switchblade is up against the girl's throat.

Izuku's breathing his heavy. The girl's breaths are shallow, most like likely in fear. The boy suddenly materializes a few feet away from them. He's giving Izuku a death glare... which is working, but Izuku is forcing himself to plant his feet. "Let. Her. Go, " the boy demanded in a low growl. Izuku could have sworn that the boy's eyes were glowing in his rage. He faltered, just slacking his grip the slightest bit.

With that brief hesitation, the girl swivels out of his grip, grabs his arm, and flips him onto the ground.

Izuku manages to groan in pain, though he should be paralyzed in fear. The girl is towering above him, her gun pointed at his face. The boy is quick to join him, looking at him the same way a serial killer looks at his next kill. He whimpers; is this how he dies? "What should we do with him?" the boy demanded, sounding absolutely pissed . The girl does not share his anger, however. Instead she looks curious... her eyes widen as an invisible light bulb flashes over her head.

"Holy crap..." she mutters, "Kiniku, it's him ."

"Kiniku" seems just as confused as Izuku. "The hell are you talking about?" he asks, cleary unable to comprehend. The girl sighs as she lowers the gun, helping Izuku get back on his feet. "You don't remember? That bank robbery a little ways off from Tatooin Station..." she recalled. Kiniku looked at her skeptically; the girl sighed again. "Look at the scarf..." she groaned, gesturing to it in annoyance. Izuku had almost forgotten he was still wearing his worn out scarf. If he remembered correctly...

The girl can swear she hears angels singing when the look of realization dawns on their faces.

...

Izuku was completely caught off guard when the explosion took place. It was in the middle of the night when he was making his way back home. The darkness made his new... "activities" easier to do. And to think, he was this close to having a worry free return. Can't have everything, he sighed mentally, fixing his scarf and putting on his shades.

He gripped his staff tighter when the criminals emerged from the smoke.

There were several of them, probably a dozen. Half of them were carrying duffel bags with what Izuku assumed was money. There were four of them holding what looked to be civilians at gunpoint. The last two, Izuku assumed they were the leaders, towered above the rest... or at least one did. The other was average sized, following closely behind the first leader's side. Izuku darted to a nearby alley before he was noticed.