To Hell With Masks

“Hey, Eraser,” began Lost Cause, throwing a punch that Eraserhead easily dodged.

“What is it, Lost Cause?” Eraserhead grumbled, throwing out his capture weapon. “It's just-” Lost Cause grabbed the capture weapon, “-why are you and Vlad King the only U.A. staff here?” He tugged on the capture weapon, drawing Eraserhead off balance and towards him. Eraserhead flipped over Lost Cause, gripping his capture weapon and yanking the vigilante. “Simple. We noticed that All Might was the target at the USJ, so we preferred not to repeat that.”

He grabbed Lost Cause's face, keeping him in place; “We figured less U.A. staff at this trip would be best considering they are also teachers and Pro Heroes. That's why the Pussycats are here.”

“Ah shee!” Lost Cause exclaimed, his voice's “I see!” muffled by Eraserhead's grip. He proceeded to dip down and sweep the Pro Hero, causing him to fall flat on his back. “It’s a good precaution, but how do you know the villains won't show up here?” He extended his hand, helping Eraserhead back on his feet. Eraserhead dusted his hero costume off. “The only people who know about this location are the U.A. teachers, the principal, and the Pussycats. We made sure to keep our lips shut.”

Lost Cause nodded in understanding, before putting his hand on his chin.

“Then why did you bring me and Duo here?” he asked, curiosity and confusion evident in his voice. Eraserhead pauses. “...I'll admit that we didn't foresee Double Trouble joining you that night on patrol.” Lost Cause frowned at that, though his face mask kept that hidden; Is my patrol route THAT predictable? “However, why you're here is strictly on a need to know basis. Sadly, you don't need to know.” Lost Cause let out a sigh; clearly that wasn't the answer he wanted.

“I understand,” he replied reluctantly; he looked up to the sky.

“Dang… almost time for dinner,” he muttered, turning to walk back to the campsite. “Thanks for the spar, Eraser. Gotta help Kota and the other kids with cooking.” Lost Cause waved to the Erasure Hero, before skedaddling off to where most of the Hero Course kids were already gathering from a long day's work. Eraserhead pinched the bridge of his nose, grunting in frustration. They really needed to get Izuku on board with this whole “join the Hero Course” idea…

...and Shota needed to get Izuku help (possibly therapy) for all the crap he'd probably seen.

After dinner, Kota headed for secret hideout, and the Test of Courage began.

Class 1-B would try getting Class 1-A to piss their pants first, while Class 1-A would draw lots to determine pairs. Well, most of Class 1-A… “Let. Me. Go,” Katsuki snarled as he tried resisting Eraserhead's restraints. “You six haven't done enough extra lessons. You'll have to make up for it tonight…” “YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!” Mina whined, as she and the rest of the failed students were dragged off back to the camp.

“Aw man… I kinda feel bad for them…” Himiko sympathized, before drawing from the lots.

Izuku and Himiko would also be participating, to the former's indifference and the latter's joy. The teams went as follows: Fumikage & Mezo Both boys shared an understanding yet mysterious stare. Shoto & Toru Shoto made an awkward glance at an apparently nervous Toru. Kyoka & Double Trouble

“Take care of her, alright?” Izuku advised Kyoka, “Duo can get a bit… hyper.”

Momo & Yuga Yuga did his trademark sparkle while Momo remained impassive. Ochako & Tsuyu Tsuyu wrapped a comforting arm around a shivering Ochako. Mashirao & Lost Cause “Cool,” Izuku approved, raising his hand for a fist bump; Mashirao only did it after a brief hesitation. Tenya & Koji The Ingenium heir waved his arms in excitement (?) while Koji averted his eyes to the ground. Minoru