Get The Ball Rolling

“IZUUUUUUU!!!” screamed a certain blond on the shores of Dagobah.

“Calm down, Himiko!” Chiryuka pleaded. “NO! Izu could seriously get hurt! I won't let that happen! IZU!!!” She continued to flail in Chiryuka's grasp, which was starting to falter. “Rrrrgh… SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!” Chiryuka pleaded; Himiko was seriously gonna blow Izuku's cover! “I was summoned?” asked another amused voice. Oh, thank God, Kiniku , thought Chiryuka, sighing in relief… and relaxing enough for Himiko to escape.

“IZUUUUUUU!!!” Himiko cried, running at top speed off the beach, and into a sentient brick wall.

“Hnnn… no fair, Kiniku!” Himiko pouted, while Kiniku just gave her a half smile and a playful pat on the head. He hauled the blond over his shoulder, walking back towards the beach. “Izuku will be fine, Himiko,” Kiniku assured, “He got past the first two events. I'm starting to think his real quirk is the ability to defy the universe…” This got a laugh from Himiko as Kiniku placed her on the couch.

“Oh good, you're back,” Dabi deadpanned, hiding the beginnings of a smile, “They're about to announce the brackets.”

“I'd like to resign.”

Shizento froze in shock as he heard the sentence. He almost broke his neck as he forced his head to turn towards Mashirao, who was holding his hand up while voicing his resignation. Why would he…? Wait a second… Hitoshi Shinsou. He hadn't seen it for himself, but he heard rumors about him being carried by three students after Shoto turned most of the participants into popsicles. He heard other things, too.

Villain. Terrible person. Brainwashing.

Safe to say, Hitoshi had a brainwashing quirk. He had recalled how the few times he saw Hitoshi and his team, his teammates looked… blank. Almost as if they were being controlled. But aside for all of Hitoshi's apparent flaws… Shizento saw something in him. It wasn't just pure immature drive that kept Hitoshi moving… it was focus . He did what he did for a reason… so Shizento had to be careful.

In the midst of his reflection on Hitoshi, Shizento barely caught Midnight saying “...it turns me on!”

Apparently Mashirao wasn't the only one withdrawing; his teammate Nirengeki had opted to forgo competing as well. Probably for the same reasons… Since Team Tetsutetsu got 5th place, Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki took the two empty slots. “And now…” Midnight began with flare, “THE TOURNAMENT SETUP. SELECTED AT RANDOM!!!” Huh , thought Shizento, that'll be fun. I wonder who's gonna be with who-

Shizento Namonazaki vs. Hitoshi Shinso. Well I'ma die.

Shoto Todoroki vs Ibara Shiozaki. No offense to Ibara, but she's dead. Momo Yaoyorozu vs Itsuka Kendou. “May the best girl win!” Itsuka cheered, while Momo nodded. Tenya Iida vs Mei Hatsume. I saw that gleam in your eyes, Mei; what are you gonna throw the tournament for? Katsuki Bakugo vs Fumikage Tokoyami. Yeesh… not even giving Tokoyami a chance? Eijiro Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. The immovable object and the irresistible force.

Fuyasuka Mittsukai vs Denki Kaminari. “Sorry…” Denki tried assuring Fuyasuka, appearing smooth.

“For what? The sheer joy of MY victory,” Fuyasuka replied innocently. I can hear the airhorns, Denki. Quit while you're ahead. Finally, Ochako Uraraka vs Yuga Aoyama. Now THAT'LL be interesting. He felt someone's hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see Mashirao. “Any advice?” Shizento asked sheepishly. Mashirao didn't look amused. “Just don't answer him… please.”

With that, he turned and walked away, his tail drooping a bit.

“Midnight, if I may have a word…”