Slammed With Reality

Izuku is sketching again, while his fellow classmates are developing ultimate moves.

Izuku's only at Gym Gamma because he wanted to at least feel like he's making progress. Even though he was a vigilante for over a year, the world of heroes has actual regulations. In other words, he can't move at his own pace all the time. In this case, that means Izuku is currently behind his fellow classmates, so now he has to find a way to catch up again. Sketching in his journal is the first step.

To be more specific, sketching his hero gear.

Unfortunately, just redesigning his vigilante gear would be a dead giveaway. So, Izuku has to start entirely from scratch, more or less. He's already decided that he's keeping the red shoes; they were there when he started this crazy journey, and they'll be there until he outgrows them. Maybe he could add some sort of protective gear around them? That way, they wouldn't get damaged in a fight. Maybe he could give some Zero Gravity capabilities so he can run up walls...

Halfway across the gym, Kyoka picks up the faint sound of a familiar mutter.

Izuku is completely down the rabbit hole at this point. He's already finished designing the gear for his shoes: the Lightweight Boots . They offer mobility and protection inside and out. The next step is to incorporate track pants and a long sleeve shirt. The materials they're made out of will offer some increased defense and ease of movement. Now something to add to his new hero status while sticking with his vigilante roots: a hooded trench coat. A dark green beauty with defensive capabilities in mind, and most importantly, pockets . It was the ultimate marriage between a standard hero cape and his old bulletproof hoodie.

Of course, he still wanted to pay more homage to his previous career choice.

Izuku knew right from the get go that he was implementing a facemask into his costume. He also knew not to give it the same design as before. Some people might have chalked it up to a nice tribute to Lost Cause, but Izuku knew people were smarter than that, like Shoto (who luckily already knew and would say nothing) and begrudgingly, Katsuki, who was currently developing a laser to blast through rock. Next, he needed to incorporate a staff. It would be a stripped down version, compared to his initial one, but hey, it was still versatile. It would be able to split into dual escrima sticks, and it would even have built in tasers! He would have to talk to the Support Course when it came to designing a new visor though...

Maybe he should implement some sort of sonar system with his staff, too.

"Hey, look- *Grrk!*" Hitoshi began, before being grazed by Mashirao's tail sweep.

"Yeah? What do you want? Whoa!" Mashirao grunted, narrowly dodging Hitoshi's capture gear. "Just wanna talk," Hitsohi insisted, sidestepping the tailed student's punch. "Talk? About what?" Mashirao grumbled, lunging for Hitoshi. The purple haired hero to be ducked, his combat training with Eraserhead kicking in as he swept Mashirao off of his feet. After doing several consecutive mid air flips, Mashirao landed on his feet, his tail whipping back into place.

"I'm pretty sure you know already," Hitoshi deadpanned, motioning for a time out.

Mashirao sighed, walking off the battlefield and grabbing his water bottle. "...so? Talk," he encouraged. Hitoshi gave him another deadpan stare; "You do realize I could have taken you over multiple times during our fight, right?" Mashirao raised one of his eyebrows in confusion, before his eyes lit up with realization. He clicks his tongue at the fact, furrowing his eyebrows. "...and that's supposed to prove?" Oh, for the love of- , Hitoshi scowled internally.

" I'm sorry , okay? I had my reasons, but I was being a dick to you. Now can we please get rid of the awkward tension between the two of us!?" Hitoshi spits, absolutely exasperated.