Chapter 11: Meeting a Fan

"A concussion?! You can't be serious?!" Louis exclaims.

Doctor Martin flips a couple of papers on his clipboard as he reads through the results, "I'm afraid that's what the results show. Now I'm not sure how this happened-"

"I already told you how!" Louis interjects.

"But you shouldn't perform or go to any signings for at least a week. I suggest you be more careful and at least come up with a better excuse next time." The doctor doesn't miss a beat after Louis' interruption. And before Louis even begins to complain about his luck, Dr. Martin is out of the examination room, muttering something about being back with medicine.

"Great. Now what're the boys supposed to do for the concert tonight?" Louis mutters.

"What do you mean what're you supposed to do?" I ask from my rather uncomfortable chair in the corner.

"I can't perform. You heard the doc." The corners of Louis' mouth turn down because I'm sure he's thinking the concert's going to have to be cancelled at this point. And that would be a real letdown for the fans because from what I've heard this is a huge concert venue for them.

"Well is your head hurting at the moment?" I question.

"No, but that's only because I loaded up on Advil."

I perse my lips before an idea hits me, "Then you load up right before the concert and you make it the best flipping performance you've ever done!" I exclaim with gusto.

His blue eyes shine with excitement, "You're right! And we have a huge break after this show so I can rest up then!"

"Brilliant! This could work after all!" I grin.

He walks over and ruffles my hair, "When did you get so smart, love?"

I just smile and shrug in response. Then we both walk out of the building without waiting for the doctor to come back.

***After the Concert***

"Louis, mate, you were amazing!" Harry exclaims, clapping his shoulder.

Niall picks me up and spins me around. I squeal in delight as we continue to go in circles like one of those carnival rides.

"That was freaking awesome!" Zayn yells.

"Best concert ever!" Liam adds.

"What a rush!" Niall says while putting me down.

"You all did great!" I grin, swelling with pride.

The boys high five each other and afterwards Louis sighs, "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go sleep off my headache for the next eternity."

"Feel better!" I shout after him. He waves a hand over his head in acknowledgement, never actually turning around.

Harry grins at me and waves me over to talk with him. He crouches down and gives me a hug. "What was that for?" I ask when he pulls away.

"Well if you hadn't convinced Louis to suck it up, we would've cancelled the show. And that wouldn't be any fun for anyone. So thank you, Rose." He answers with sincerity.

I smile, "No problem, Harold. You lads did great."

"Harold?" he chuckles, "I'm just Harry, love."

"But Harold is fun to say!" I counter.

"Alright, call me Harold then. It's not that big of a deal. I don't mind." He smiles at me.

A bead of sweat drips down his temple and I realize he still hasn't changed since the concert. I hold my nose jokingly, "Go change, stinky boy!"