Chapter 12: The Girls and I Go Shopping

"Why can't Josh babysit again?" I pester Harry as he walks into his bedroom. 

He sighs and looks up at the ceiling, his brown curls falling behind his head, "Because he has to come with us." 

"But do you really have to leave me with people I don't even know?" I complain to him. 

He stands in the doorway to his room, his hand over the door. His green eyes flash with annoyance momentarily before he says, "I know them, the boys know them, and you'll know them soon enough. Now can I get dressed please?" He doesn't wait for an answer before he shuts the door. 

"Rude!" I huff before stalking off into the living room. I feel bad for bothering him, but I'm actually really scared to meet the girls. What if they don't like me? What if they're mean? How could I stand to let the boys date them in that case? It sounds selfish, but I couldn't let my brothers date anyone who doesn't treat me nicely. I'm supposed to look out for them, even if I am only 11. 

Since there's nothing to do but wait and worry, I go into my bedroom to lay down for a bit. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep, which is exactly what I need right now. For whatever reason, I've let this worry get really out of hand. But I really want the girls to like me because, honestly, they'll be the only females I'll know for a while. 

**********

A hand taps my shoulder repeatedly, "WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!!!!!" I jolt awake and open my eyes to Louis' face inches from mine with a goofy grin plastered on his face. 

"Hullo there," I say with a small smile. 

"Ready to go meet the girls?" He asks excitedly. 

"No." I mutter before getting up and stomping past him towards the stairs. I hear footsteps pound behind me.

And Louis runs past and scoops me up from behind, "C'mon Rose. You'll like them." He studies me for a moment before realizing that's not what I'm worried about. "What's the matter?" 

I take a deep breath and quickly tell him, "Whatiftheydon'tlikeme?"

His head cocks to the side, "What was that?"

I giggle at his expression, and say a little more slowly, "What if they don't like me?" 

"Nonsense!" He scoffs, "They're going to adore you! Quit your worrying and let's go meet them!" I wrap my arms around his neck and he carries me into the living room.

We turn the corner and the three girls turn around, smiles on all of their faces. 

"This is her? She's absolutely adorable!"

"Liam's said the best things about you!" I assume Danielle's the one that said that.

"You're gonna have to watch her boys, I might have to kidnap her sometime!" The blonde hair says with a wink. 

"Ladies, this is Rosie." Louis introduces. I smile weakly and give them a small wave. He sets me down and I feel my knees buckle under me. This is what my body decides to get nervous over? Whether three girls like me? Goodness gracious. 

The next five minutes are a blur as the girls say their good-byes, kiss their boyfriends... EW. And whisk me out of the house into Danielle's car.  

"So Rosie, what do you like to do?" Danielle asks, looking me in the rear view mirror. 

"Um, it's Rose." I correct her automatically, "Louis said it wrong earlier." I squint my eyes shut, Yeah that's a way to start a friendship! God she's gonna hate me! Why did I have to do that?

She looks uncomfortable momentarily before apologizing, "Sorry, Rose. How're you liking the boys?" 

"They're, er..." I stop, trying to think of how to put my answer lightly.