Chapter 6: Josh Devine Babysits Me

After returning home from the photoshoot, we all plop down on the couches. It's rainy and cold outside, so Liam puts on a fire for us and Niall offers to make tea or hot chocolate or coffee for all of us.

"When do you have to leave?" I ask Zayn.

"Around 4:30." He answers.

"And who's babysitting?" Excited I add, "Someone famous?"

Zayn chuckles, "I think our drummer is babysitting."

"What's his name?"

Niall reenters the living room and answers, "Josh." He hands mugs to Zayn and Liam who are sharing the love seat next to the fireplace.

"They have a bromance." Louis whispers from the couch beside me. Everyone except for Niall laughs at this.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. But let's consider the source, Tommo... Larry Stylinson is more famous than Jiall." Niall says sticking his tongue out at Lou. He gives him a hard time when he gives him his coffee.

"It's not true though!" Louis protests.

"What?!" Harry roars. I whip my head around and he winks at me. "I thought what we had was special..."

Louis jokes, "C'mon Hazza we don't want Eleanor to know about us. She's pissed-" Louis covers his mouth the moment the word slips out of his mouth. All eyes turn to me and I realize what just happened.

"Honestly! You'd think I've never heard someone curse!" I say, grabbing a mug of hot chocolate out of Niall's hand.

Liam chuckles, "We wouldn't know that, love."

"I mean I guess...." I trail off.

Zayn clears his throat and gives Louis a weird look. Lou looks beyond confused at the moment. I snicker as the two exchange glances. Finally Louis speaks up, "Would you quit giving me that look?!"

Zayn smirks, "Well you told me to remind you to ask Rose whatever it was!"

"Well you didn't have to creep me out!" Lou exclaims, "...It was like you were undressing me with your eyes."

"Mate, you'll know if I'm undressing you with my eyes." Zayn says, his hazel eyes filled with amusement.

Louis rolls his eyes and turns to me, "So Rosie..."

"It's Rose." I growl.

"Yeah. Why do you hate Rosie?"

"Because... Because... Because that's what my Mum used to call me." I explain, my voice just above a whisper.

He utters one single word, "Sorry." I nod in response and tilt my head down. I don't even feel tears this time, just sadness. Harry's arm falls around my shoulder and pulls me into his chest. His free hand strokes my brown hair. I push myself away from him. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want a hug at the moment because it reminds me too much of the pain. Its kind of like when you're on the verge of tears and someone asks if you're okay... Obviously you're not and the tears end up running out of your eyes like a faucet.

"I'm okay," I assure Harry. I stare at him for a moment and it's like we have a silent conversation because understanding washes over his green eyes. That's what I like about him, he knows when enough's enough. Well, for the most part. There are the times when he's immature... But hey, he's a guy, what can you expect?

**********

"Alright, Rose, we'll see you later!" Louis says.

"Hey! You got it right!" I smile at him.