Chapter 16: Hate Isn't a Strong Word

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!" She screeches, reaching out to grab at me. My whole body goes numb with fear and I'm frozen on the spot. I struggle to find something to say to her. "YOU JERK! WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME?!" 

It takes thirty seconds for the doctors hear Rose's screams and come running into the room. And it takes another thirty for them finally to hold her back. She continues to spit at me and try to attack me even with two doctors firmly grabbing her arms. I drift towards the opposite side of the room knowing very well that this is all my fault.

"Miss Styles, we need you to calm down." A nurse says.

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME BY THAT NAME! I NEVER WANT TO HEAR HIS NAME AGAIN!" Rose screams at the top of her lungs. She struggles against the doctors, her hazel eyes filled with more hatred than I've ever seen before.

The nurse looks taken aback momentarily before trying again, "Okay I'm sorry about that. Could you take a deep breath for me please? I need you to settle down, love." She has a calming effect to her and I find myself following her instructions even though they weren't directed towards me.  Her dark brown eyes are gentle and pleading towards Rose.

"Get him out of here." Rose snaps, shooting me an icy stare.

My lip trembles, "B-but Rose..."

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you please leave," the brown haired nurse tells me.

I nod sadly, "Okay." I look back to Rose from the doorway, "I'm sorry for everything. If I could take it all back I would." I drop my head and leave the room, feeling worse about myself than I did when I entered. I might be crazy, but I swear I heard Rose say, "You wouldn't have done anything," right before I close the door.

----Rose's POV----

"Miss, erm, um, what should I call you?" The nurse asks me uncomfortably a few minutes after he leaves.

The dirty frigging liar had the nerve to try and apologize! Well I'm not listening to it! No sir-ee I will not listen to another one of his made up stories. It hurts to have been played by all five of them. And they all lied to my face.

I remember that one night in my room when Louis said the tweet about me being adopted for publicity was a bunch of baloney and that they would never do that. Ha! And I believed his crap! I won't ever again though.

The nurse clears her throat, "Excuse me?"

"Oh yeah, just call me Rose." I mutter, not meaning to channel my anger and pain towards her.

"I'm Nurse Langer and this is Doctor Mallard. We're going to run a few tests on you since you woke up." She points to herself and the man on my right. Both look to be in their fifties and very good at their jobs. They have that kind of an air to them that they're some of the best doctors around, but I could be completely wrong. Nurse Langer's voice is calm, like sitting at a lake on a hot summer afternoon.

"Will it hurt?" I ask.

"No, it won't. I promise." She smiles gently at me. Dr. Mallard taps at the computer screen beside my bed and says to me, "Do you want to play 20 Questions?"

I nod eagerly and he continues, "Okay then. Just answer each question truthfully, okay?"

"Yes sir."

"Are you in any pain at the moment?"

"No I am not."

"Nurse Langer is tapping lightly on your toes, can you feel that?"

I giggle, "Yes! And that tickles!"

"Are you at all dizzy or tired?"

"I'm a little tired."

"Okay, and are you comfortable or are you cold?"

"It's a bit chilly in here, but isn't that how hospitals normally are?"

"Yes that is, but we'll get you an extra blanket just in case." He nods at Nurse Langer and she abruptly leaves the room I assume to get a blanket. "What do you remember?"

I gulp loudly. I really don't want to tell him about running away because then he'll put me in the psych ward or something. "I already know you ran away so how much do you remember afterwards?" He asks as if he read my mind.

I scrunch my forehead, "Well I was running in the forest and then I ran into a branch and fell. And I hurt my knee?" I quickly pull back the covers and there's about 5 stitches in my knee. "Well that was fast." I mutter and Dr. Mallard chuckles at me.

"What else do you remember?"

"I stopped under a tree with branches that almost covered me. I really liked that tree for some reason. And I think I puked? And then-and then..." My mind hits a wall. "I don't remember."

"It's okay, don't worry, love. You've been a big help. Now try and get some sleep for me please." He says. But it's not okay. Why can't I remember anything? He peeks his head back in the doorway right before the door shuts, "By the way, if you listen to the nurses and take all of your medicine I can let you leave in about 2 days or so."

I smile, "Okay I will." Two days of avoiding those 5 nimwits that were my brothers? Challenge accepted. I hope they're ready for some sweet revenge.

[A/N] Worst updater of the year award goes to............ me. I'm really, really, really, really, a million times sorry I haven't updated in forever. I feel terrible about it! And on top of that this is a really crappy chapter so I'm probably on everyone's People To Get list. (secret word for comments: doughnut) 

I need you all to continue to pester me for updates if I don't update within a week, okay? Otherwise I'll decide I can put it off until like three weeks later like what happened with this one. 

Thank you if you are still reading the note right now and have also read the entire book so far. It honestly means the world to me and I love you all! xx

PS- There have been a lot of friends of mine who have been going through depressing times and saying that no one understands them or listens to them. Long story short, if you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to inbox me or PM me when I'm on. I will always respond within a reasonable amount of time! If I don't respond right away that means I'm at school or I'm at soccer (football for Alexis haha) and I can't get to a computer. (: