Chapter 18: Payback Part II

My plan is flawless. There's no way the boys could possibly want to seek my forgiveness after they wake up and see what I've done to them.

I had a hard time getting out of my room at first and I had to hide behind one of the fake plants to avoid being caught. Once I snuck past the night guards, though, everything was so easy. I wrapped string around the legs of the couches and the tables in the waiting room without disturbing the boys. At one point Niall stirred and I could hear the blood pounding in my ears and my breath stop, however he mumbled something and quickly fell back asleep. That might've been the third scariest moment of my life.

The plastic wrap went around the couch Liam was splayed on, not covering his face though. Have fun getting out of that one, kiddo.

The best part, though, was drawing on their faces. On Niall I put a mustache because that seemed like an innocent thing to put on his face with permanent ink. For Zayn I put a little goatee on his chin and with Liam I drew him a unibrow. Across the three of their cheeks I put 'mean' for their keeping me in the dark. They knew and yet they never had the decency to tell me.

Harry and Louis was more of a sweet revenge. Louis' shoes, which he had taken off and put under the couch were filled with some sticky substance. It's not sticky glue, but he'll have a fun time getting those off with his socks on.

Harry was a bit harder because I couldn't put anything in his shoes like Louis, so I just stuck pages from the bikini issue of Sports Illustrated on his hands. We'll see how much he enjoys that when he passes the paps on his way out. And across both of their faces I wrote 'LIAR' in big letters for all to see. Maybe one day they'll start telling people the truth because the ones who trust them deserve to know.

And finally I put the iodine I got from Nurse Langer all over their clothes. Let's just say their white t-shirts will look more of a brown from now on.

The past few hours weren't easy, but when I wake up it might just be worth it.

- - -

"Rose, hon, wake up." Nurse Langer's smiling face looks down at me. It reminds me of my Mom momentarily, the way her whole face seems to light up with it, but I have to remind myself that she's gone.

"Have they woken up yet?" I ask her before yawning widely.

She shakes her head, "Not yet, but I can if you want."

"I've got a better idea, if you'll let me make a bit of noise."

"If you get in trouble for any of this was I the one that allowed you to do it?" She asks me, referring to our conversation the previous day.

"Nope," I reply, "I found some of the supplies lying around and I just wanted to dish out some revenge. It was all my idea." I smile sweetly.

"Good. Now get on with it! I want to see their reactions!" I giggle before running out of the room. Many doctors are looking peculiarly at the boys, trying to weigh whether or not they should do something.

I grab a magazine off the table and roll it up in my hands. I use it to swat each of the boys over the head. "Wake up!" I scream in each of their ears.

They all groan and mutter some choice words as they sit up. "Rose, calm down. I'll make breakfast in a minute, love." Harry murmurs before collapsing on Louis' shoulder once again.

I hit him over the head one last time and growl in his ear, "You won't be making me anything anytime soon."

He jumps up, his back as straight as a board, "What is on my hands?!" That outburst is enough to send Louis flying off the couch and cause the other three to stir. "Louis! What's on your face?!"

"Geez I know I don't look good in the morning, but you don't look like a million bucks either." Louis grumbles from his spot on the floor, his eyes still shut.

"That's not what I mean! Your face! Someone drew on you!"

"Yeah, and she drew on you too." Zayn says, pointing at the markings on Harry's face.

"Guys? Guys! Somebody help meeeeeee!" Liam yells, flailing about under the plastic wrap. Niall rolls his eyes and walks over to try and tear it off, but I put so much on it that this it's a bit harder than he anticipated.

Harry catches me looking at him and gets angry, "Why did you do this? What did you hope to gain from doing something as juvenile as this prank?!"

"Harry, calm down." Louis advises, standing beside him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

Harry lashes out at Louis, "Calm down?! She did something stupid! Look at us! We look like idiots! You know what? I'm done. I tried so hard to make it up to you, to apologize, but you refused. You were so stubborn that you couldn't accept one apology! I'll admit I made a mistake but you can't just hate us forever! And pulling a prank on us sure as hell didn't help anything!" His face is red and his green eyes clouded with rage.

I can't help but feel my own anger boil up inside of me. I scream at him, "How do you expect me to forgive you?! When my family died nothing went right for a long time after that. And then you five jerks come around and make me feel like someone cared about me! And then this happens and it feels like my heart was ripped out! You all betrayed me! You lied and scammed me! I was just a publicity stunt! I was nothing to you! Did you ever even care? Because I did. You were family and family shouldn't lie to one another. And then you expect me to forgive you at the drop of a hat?! You bat those eyelashes at me and things are supposed to be better?! Well guess what? This is the real world, and it's a lot different than the rainbow filled land you expect it to be! So you can just leave because I never want to see any of you again!" 

Harry's mouth continues to open and close as he's rendered speechless. The others look at me with pity, an emotion I'd come to hate since the fire.

"Rosie-" Louis' eyes are sad as if he didn't realize the pain he and the others have brought me.

"STOP CALLING ME THAT! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!"

Harry looks at me sharply, "C'mon, lads. I think we can tell when we're not wanted." Louis looks like he's about to protest, but Harry grabs his wrist and stalks away, the smaller boy flying behind him in tow. The other three look at me briefly before following me, their faces a mixture of sadness and remorse. 

And all five of them with their ink plastered cheeks and gross clothes walk down the hallway and out of my life.

[A/N] Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've updated, but I really needed to focus on my life for some time before writing. Wattpad became my first priority and it really never should've been at the top there. I still love you all and I hope everyone is doing well! Please feel free to message me anytime!! Thank you so much for all of the reads and the love you've all given me! I really appreciate each and every bit of it! :) xxx