► HOODIE.

► So who're you been calling baby? Nobody could take my place

[ Sage Green,
October 30th, 2 PM. ]

I felt disgusted as I watched my mom and Michael sit across from me at the beach we all sat at. It was the evening, and the sun was setting behind the ocean line. Luke, Calum, Michael, Ashton, Me and my mom all decided today was a beach day.

I sighed, looking down at the untouched sand— reminiscing of my home.

"Hey," A figure softly said, sitting next to me. "Are you okay?"

Luke Hemmings sat next to me, his legs extending longer than the towel he sat on. He had a cherry slurpee in his hand, and a goofy smile.

I decided to ignore his question. "It's getting cold."

He raised his eyebrow, realizing I just dismissed his question. He shook it off and nodded. "I know."

I looked up at him finally. "Do . . . Do you guys have an extra hoodie? I'm extremely cold." I asked shyly.

He smiled warmly, "Yeah." He spoke before getting up and walking toward his beach bag. He fished out a sweatshirt, and threw it my way.

I wasted no time when putting it on. It smelled like men's cologne, but also smelled like expensive perfume. "Thank you." I thanked him, sitting back and watching my mom and Michael again.

I wasn't trying to acknowledge their existence, but it just happened.

I stopped watching when they began kissing.

I widened my eyes, and looked away immediately. Luke started to say something before I got up, grabbed my wallet, and rushed away.

I felt physically sick at that sight.

My feet hit the pavement as I approached the snow cone stand. I ordered a cherry slash blue raspberry snow cone and paid the man an overpriced amount of money. I walked to a nearby bench, and began eating it.

I scrolled through instagram as I enjoyed my lovely snow cone, seeing everyone enjoying the hot weather in New Zealand. My chest panged with jealousy.

You'll be there in a couple days. Just a week. I told myself.

I looked up and saw my mom walking up to me, smiling. "We're leaving now. We're gonna go get dinner and head to the hotel." She smiled innocently.

"Alright." I quietly spoke, getting up and walking behind my mom toward our rental car. I watched as everyone spoke, and I just stayed in the back.

"How was it?" My mom asked, getting into the car.

I shrugged. "Fine."

I don't know why, but I just feel like we aren't going home. It just felt like something was going to go wrong, but that won't happen. My mom wouldn't force me to stay here.

"What food are we getting?" I asked.

"Panda Express."

☾ A few moments later. ☽

I sat across from Michael as my mom and the rest ordered Panda Express. He stayed silent, as did I.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Just fine."