► MARLEY INVITED ME.

► Dark side, I search for your darkside

Dark side, I search for your darkside.

( Sage Green,
February 1st. )

"We can't keep meeting like this, Sage."

I looked up from the mail in my arms and saw Marley again. I smiled slightly. "It's fate."

"I guess so," He leaned against his side of the fence. "What're you up to?"

I slightly put up the mail in my hand. "Gettin' the mail, duh. What are you up to?"

"Getting the mail, duh."

I rolled my eyes playfully at his question and asked, "Why do you wanna know?"

"Well," He smiled brightly. "I kind of have this thing..." He pulled out a piece of paper folded up from his pocket and handed it to me. "I play guitar and sing at Stoneridge and was wondering if you wanted to go. You don't have to,"

I nearly blushed at his nervousness. I unfolded the paper and raised my eyebrows at a piece of the section, "VIP Section?" I read. "Are you inviting me to the VIP section, Marley?"

He laughed nervously. "Yeah... It's for my friends. My friends are gonna be there."

"I don't know. I'm bad at meeting new people, Marley."

It's just that my mom hardly lets me make friends and the only friends I have are the friends in New Zealand who I haven't spoken to in a while.

"Please?" He put his hands together. "They love you."

"As in now?"

He acted as if I caught him in the act and froze. "I-I mean. They know I have a neighbor, and she's hopefully my age, speaking of which— I'm 17."

"So am I!" I cheered. "What a coincidence."

"And I told them I met a girl next door and they wanted to know about you. Now, here's my phone."

I looked at him genuinely confused. He handed me his phone with the contact page up, ready to put in a new one. I laughed. "Smooth, Mars."

"Thanks." He laughed.

I put in my contact information and handed it back to him. "Text me?"

"You know it, sweetheart."

I damn well nearly skipped inside and ran to Luke who I wanted to tell about the interaction. He was sitting in the living room with 4 other people.

"Guys." I said firmly. "I have a question."

"Yeah?" Ashton asked, pausing the show.

"I need to know if I can—" I paused to pull out the folded piece of paper in my pocket. "—go somewhere on February 4th."

Michael's eyebrows raised. "Why?"

"Marleyinvitedme." I quickly said, which caused Michael to raise his eyebrow.

"Slower."

"Marley invited me to his show on February 4th and I really, really want to go. Please." I begged.

"The guy next door?"

"THE GUY NEXT DOOR?" Luke shouted, overlapping Michael's question.

I nodded quickly.

"Michael, you have to let her go. Please." Luke pleaded.

"Hm." Michael tapped his chin as if he were contemplating his decision. "What's he like?"

"I told you all about him last week, Mike." I said.

"Tell me again."

"He's got brown hair, brown eyes. He's got dimples. He has the best style. He's sweet, he's complimented my hair before, and he's so sweet. Did I say that he's nice?"

"Fine." He said, "You can go. But, curfew is at 9. If Marley hasn't brought you home before 9, then you can't go again. Not 9:01, not 10— 9."

I saluted him. "Yes sir."